Thread: Does torque managment effect manuals?

Advanced Tuner

Does torque managment effect manuals?

??? I got a 2000 v6 camaro manual tranny.. and i have been looking at the help guide that came with HP tuners.. and then trying to understand the numbers that are enter in for TQ mgmt.. and well.. they dont make any sence to me.. i jsut want to dissable it.. however i cant relaly figure out how.. or if it even effects manuals.. so..

keith.. chris?? any insight..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Advanced Tuner

Re: Does torque managment effect manuals?

I hope chris steps in and comfirms this....

I install manual transmissions on the L67 engines. Those VCM's do not even have code for manual applications.

If the transmission sensors are not online for torque management, then the engine is not retarded via the management tables. The Fiero sure does not have ABS, or traction control wiring, so none of this is in place for the VCM to even know what to do. The input shaft of the 4T65eHD appears to give feedback to the VCM for torque numbers in the VCM. A manual transmission would not be able to do this.

So, it is my understanding that my manual transmission installs are never effected by retard via the automatic trans tables.

Loyde

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by FastFieros
    I hope chris steps in and comfirms this....

I install manual transmissions on the L67 engines. Those VCM's do not even have code for manual applications.

If the transmission sensors are not online for torque management, then the engine is not retarded via the management tables. The Fiero sure does not have ABS, or traction control wiring, so none of this is in place for the VCM to even know what to do. The input shaft of the 4T65eHD appears to give feedback to the VCM for torque numbers in the VCM. A manual transmission would not be able to do this.

So, it is my understanding that my manual transmission installs are never effected by retard via the automatic trans tables.

Loyde

Informative.. the tables are there.. but they have really stange numbers.. i cant really make any sence of it.. it seems like they wont effect anything.. but i am not too sure..

waiting for a responce.. from chris/keith..
    -Bill

Advanced Tuner

any other takers??
    -Bill

i believe so, but only the engine torque management not the trans sections (generally that will be junk).

All torque management results in spark retard, if you aren;t seeing unusual timing dips then you have no problem.

The ultimate disabler of torque management is to set the Retard vs. % Torque Redution to 0, that way even if the PCM commands some torque reduction their will be 0 retard.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    The ultimate disabler of torque management is to set the Retard vs. % Torque Redution to 0, that way even if the PCM commands some torque reduction their will be 0 retard.

;D thats what i needed to hear! thanks chris.. gunna knock that off tommarow..
    -Bill

Advanced Tuner

rofl.. it took me a few days but i did do it today.. i cleared out that whole table..

it seems to be helping quite a bit.. i am happy..

it resolved a problem i was having with hesitation between gears where it would jsut kinda float around 4000 rpm for a bit before it would get going again..

-Bill