Thread: Couple questions

Potential Tuner

Couple questions

I've followed the other forum for a while. Looks like a nice product. Here's my questions.
    I've been tuning LS1's myself for a few years now with my own mapping software, but have never flashed it though the port. (something I've casually tinkered with )

Anyways:
    1. Can I use my software to edit the bin files?
    2. How fine is the timing resolution? I can adjust it in .02 deg increments.
    3. Is the read/write utility locked to just one model year? If so, do you offer a cable for just read/write with no definition files?
    4. With the pro version is it ready to create our own definition files and if not will it be soon?
    5. What level of control will I have in the engine diagnostics section? I'm not looking to turn codes on off, but rather adjust the diagnostics profile to prevent the code from triggering.
    6. Do you have a package price to get the Pro Suite with all the model years of all applications?
    7. Can I use the software to change other parameters in the PCM. Vin#, segment ID's etc.

I'm sure I'll have more. Once again nice job.

Mike Morgan

Re: Couple questions

Hello Mike, to answer your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Morgan
    I've followed the other forum for a while. Looks like a nice product. Here's my questions.
    I've been tuning LS1's myself for a few years now with my own mapping software, but have never flashed it though the port. (something I've casually tinkered with )

Anyways:
    1. Can I use my software to edit the bin files?
    If you can calculate checksums correctly yes.

2. How fine is the timing resolution? I can adjust it in .02 deg increments.
    We simply display timing values in integer format (no decimals). We have all tuned many cars ourselves and never found a need for tenths manipulation.

3. Is the read/write utility locked to just one model year? If so, do you offer a cable for just read/write with no definition files?
    Yes it is locked to the vehicle types you purchase. No we do not offer one different.

4. With the pro version is it ready to create our own definition files and if not will it be soon?
    If there is enough interest we may offer something like this. We aren't really sure where the need is for custom definitions though as we support almost every parameter needed. If users request more parameters we can always add them. We try not to clutter up our program with prameters you will never use though.

5. What level of control will I have in the engine diagnostics section? I'm not looking to turn codes on off, but rather adjust the diagnostics profile to prevent the code from triggering.
    You can enable/disable the SES and for code control you can Set SES on first event, Set SES on second event, Don't set the SES... or don't even report the error.

6. Do you have a package price to get the Pro Suite with all the model years of all applications?
    We do not.

7. Can I use the software to change other parameters in the PCM. Vin#, segment ID's etc.
    No. I advice against modifying of segment ID #'s.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...