Thread: 2003 LQ9 with M6

Question 2003 LQ9 with M6

I have a buddy that has 2003 silverado (6.0) who just swapped in an M6 Tranny and he wanted to know if I could tune it... I downloaded a stock tune file for an automatic (since they did not offer a M6 from the factory)...

I do not want to mess up his tune by deleting tq management and stuff but have no idea what to do for this issue... He had a predator on it and it acted all screwy, as it was a program for an auto.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section.

Thanks,
    Chris

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by posenheimer View Post
    I have a buddy that has 2003 silverado (6.0) who just swapped in an M6 Tranny and he wanted to know if I could tune it... I downloaded a stock tune file for an automatic (since they did not offer a M6 from the factory)...

I do not want to mess up his tune by deleting tq management and stuff but have no idea what to do for this issue... He had a predator on it and it acted all screwy, as it was a program for an auto.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section.

Thanks,
    Chris
    You could get a 4.8 / 5 speed combo - perhaps start there and swap back the LQ9 tables...VE, MAF, Inj Values? I have a stock file for an '03 Sierra 5 speed if you'd like to look at it. Shoot me your emial in a PM.
    '18 Sierra L5P
    '03 Sierra 4.8/NV 3500: LS6 Cam, HPT Tuned
    '15 Explorer Sport - SCT, AEM (Wife says...it feels faster??)
    '01 Z06

As soon as I plug into the vehicle, it is going to sense that it is a 6.0 with and auto, right? I dont know if the 4.8/ 5 speed manual tune will do me any good?

That is what I am unsure of.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned