Thread: VCM suite and windows 98/ME/ antivirus

VCM suite and windows 98/ME/ antivirus

Will VCM suite work with Windows 98 or ME with norton antivirus installed?

I have the current version of LS1 edit 1.3 and I can't get it to work on my ME computer that has norton's installed. Carputing suggested that I uninstall Norton's and buy Mcaffee antivirus. To me this is just a bandaid fix that Carputing has instead of them fixing the bugs they have.

Re: VCM suite and windows 98/ME/ antivirus

What kind of problems do you run into?

We've tested many platforms cluttered with background applications with no problems so far.. but i'm not sure about an active scanner in the background.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

When trying to start Ls1 Edit it would lockup my computer. Then a message would come up "LS1 Edit has caused an error <unknown> Ls1 Edit will now close".

I would have to ctrl/alt/del so that I could get the computer going again.

Reply I got from Carputing was that Norton's antivirus doesn't like our software. I still haven't gotten a fix from them.

Would like to know if VCM suite would be compatible with my ME computer.

Our software is compatable with ME, 2K, NT, 98.. its hard to say if it will be 100% compatable with the software applications you have installed though.

I don't see any reasons why a virus scanner would hold back our software though.. its very straight forward process.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...