Thread: Buying Tuner software for my vette...help please

Potential Tuner

Buying Tuner software for my vette...help please

I want to buy HP tuner software for my slightly modded ZO6 Corvette. I am having exhaust popping issues as is common with vettes, but it is really irritating.

I am very new to this, so I would like to to know what to buy. I see options for enhancements, etc. I just want something simple that I can do myself and only to my car....not a pro here and not trying to get too fancy. I just want my car to run right.

Any advice is appreciated because I want to buy something now.

Rodrigo
    2002 ZO6 Corvette Electron Blue/Custom Silver paint, BPP Headers, Stinger Exhaust, LPE Aluminum intake, H&C Set-up, Breathless Air intake, CCW 505A\'s, lots of appearance goodies....

Tuner

Re: Buying Tuner software for my vette...help plea

just get the standard vcm suite. the enhanced io is for wideband tuning, which you can get later down the road if you need it. this program is bad ass. well worth the money if you think about it, a tune costs $400 from a reputable shop, and if you want to add something to your car theres another $400 to get it tuned again. with the ability to do it yourself you dont have to depend on a shop. it get very addicting also ;D
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Tuner

I have to recommend you go ahead and get the EIO and find you a wideband. There is so much more you can do with the two, EVEN if you are a novice. As for your popping, I don't think the tuning is going to take care of that. Just guessing but that is a result of maybe a different exhaust and no xpipe. I guess if you are running super rich it might pop. Again, you will need a WB to know for sure what your AFR is. Hope this helps.

Jim K.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Tuner

Doubt tuning will help the popping. It really isn't an "issue", but something the car does without an X pipe. Personally, I like the popping and miss it.
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Tuner in Training

If your still uder warranty chevy has a fix for this. they cut out your cross over pipe and replace it. common problem.

RobertsNitrousService.com
    '02 TR Z06 408ci Nitrous Huffer, Direct Port Dry, hybrid multi-Stage
    Current numbers: 644rwhp and 717rwtq

Potential Tuner

corpsvette (Jim K.),
    First, it was nice meeting you at the A&A Corvette party.
    Secondly, what do you mean by "find a wideband"? A wideband what? Computer (laptop)?
    Like I told you at A&A, I am an admitted computer illiterate for the most part, especially when it comes to tuning and Corvette PCMs.

Thanks in advance for any and all help here!

Jim

Tuner

Ha Ha Jim,

I got your attention. Great meeting you this weekend. What I meant by a wideband is an Air/Fuel Monitor that uses a wideband oxygen sensor. Basically what Andy's guys were shoving up the tailpipes during the dyno runs except I have my O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold before the CATS. The one your car has now is just a narrowband and isn't very accurate but must be used to keep your car running properly. There are several different kinds out there. The particular one that I have is called an LM-1. You can see it at http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/. They also have the LC-1 which is a less expensive model. Using HPtuners with EIO connection, you can tie your WB outputs (from the LM-1 or other) into the HPtuners software on your laptop to help in tuning your car (aka adjusting your PE or power enrichment for the perfect AFR). Here is my home phone is you are seriously interested and want me to talk to you about it. 831-583-9987 or 831-601-7618 cell. Lots of threads on here about it and over at LS1tech.com in the tuners section. Let me know what you decide. Again, great meeting you.

Jim K.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6