Thread: Smoothing the VE table?

Advanced Tuner

Smoothing the VE table?

Well guys i want to know how to smooth the VE table.

I was tuning the VE i did the part throttle and i know that im not going to hit all the cells. So i drove over and over going calm on the gas pedal and i hit the same cells everything was close to it from -1 to -2 some where 0, so i stop. But i want to know how to smooth it out since i was driving around checking the A/F and i went a little hard on the pedal without going in PE mode and the A/F was out of it and hit different cells that i didt hit while tuning it. So i though if smooth them out it probally will take over them.

Heres is the file of the VE, and a picture that i took with a quick little draft i did in paint showing some arrows were should i take the line of the manifold absolute pressure to smooth it by hand.

Will this work out?

Advanced Tuner
    Sure, it will work. Next time you log data, spend some time analyzing it to see if there are any trends so you can adjust more than one cell at a time.

Advanced Tuner
    What you mean any trends?

Ok so if i smooth this table by hand right now and tomorrow up load it to the truck it will work?

Now i get why tuning the MAF is easier lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea, it will work.

By trends, I mean that if half the cells in one rpm column are off by a couple of percent, then the rest are usually off by a similar amount. Depending on what you're tuning, if you're pulling 2% fuel in the middle kpa area, then I suggest you pull 2-3% in the low kpa and 1-2% in the high kpa. Obviously this isn't the perfect way to adjust the VE, but it should prevent turning the VE into a spikey mess.

What are you tuning?

The VE table will always take a general shape. Look at the shape it takes for the area where you have data, and extrapolate.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Z View Post
    Yea, it will work.

By trends, I mean that if half the cells in one rpm column are off by a couple of percent, then the rest are usually off by a similar amount. Depending on what you're tuning, if you're pulling 2% fuel in the middle kpa area, then I suggest you pull 2-3% in the low kpa and 1-2% in the high kpa. Obviously this isn't the perfect way to adjust the VE, but it should prevent turning the VE into a spikey mess.

What are you tuning?
    Im tuning a 6.0 full bolt on and cam.