Thread: Scanner abilities...

Tuner in Training

Scanner abilities...

I was scanning a friends car and he wanted me to add a gauge for engine load. He says his AutoTap has the ability to do that - can we customize what we want to have scanned or are we just able to use the default gauge cluster included in the package? BTW - I used it for the first time to flash a friends PCM tonight and this tuner absolutely ROCKS!!! It took me longer to boot up my laptop and start the program than it did to flash the PCM!! It actually took only 2 minutes - we were both EXTREMELY impressed..Thanks again!! ;D

Blessings,
    Rick
    Blessings,&&Rick

Re: Scanner abilities...

Rick, thats really good to hear!

Currently you only have the gauge display that is shipped with the unit. Our 2.0 version should allow the ability to customise the display though.

Currently you can customise the table display and the chart display.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Egle takes me 20 seconds per flash :huh2:
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner in Training

Any ideas of when that will be?? Will there be any cost to it or will that be a free upgrade like the latest version? Also - any chance of reduced Christmas gift prices for adding 2nd vehicles for the good guys : who bought the HP Tuners prior to both vehicles being included?? Now that I have completely scanned a couple cars and flashed a PCM (and I did it right without worries - thank goodness for the help menu ;D!!!) I have another friend who has an 01 GTP that would like to have his PCM Tuned too.

Thanks again!

Blessings,
    Rick
    Blessings,&&Rick

Tuner in Training

Am I doing something wrong - should I be doing something different for it to only take 20 seconds or could it because of my laptop - it is only a 750 MHz or so.

Thanks again,

Blessings,
    Rick
    Blessings,&&Rick

It typically takes 27 seconds to flash the VCM for a 99 model Z-28. The other models may have different size calibration files or the baud rate is set very low in the windows control panel for it to take longer.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Monodax
    It typically takes 27 seconds to flash the VCM for a 99 model Z-28. The other models may have different size calibration files or the baud rate is set very low in the windows control panel for it to take longer.

im thinking he may have rewrote the OS ??? that takes about 2 mins so that wouldve been my guess at least.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The V6's take a slightly longer amount of time to write the PCM, similar to the 98 LS1's..

Always use "Write VCM" found under the file menu unless you absolutely have to rewrite the entire VCM (only needed when making an OS change).
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Whew - I had me worried a bit there - I thought I was doing something wrong. Thank goodness for the help file as that and the HP Tuners program are usually the only two things open when I am using the tuner. I did use the "write VCM", does that usually take 2 minutes to rewrite or might I have something set up wrong on my laptop.
    Blessings,&&Rick

Tuner

When it took 2 mins were you writing or reading? It takes me 2 min. to read, and 27 seconds to write with my 99 T/A WS6
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Tuner in Training

I am still anxiously waiting for a response to this ;D:

Qouting my favorite person - ME :
    Any ideas of when that will be?? Will there be any cost to it or will that be a free upgrade like the latest version? Also - any chance of reduced Christmas gift prices for adding 2nd vehicles for the good guys who bought the HP Tuners prior to both vehicles being included??
    Blessings,&&Rick