Thread: Ready to order, need EIO help

Advanced Tuner

Ready to order, need EIO help

I have a quick EIO question, mainly to clear up terminology that I'm not familar with. I plan on getting the EIO add-on because I plan on getting a wideband O2 in the future and don't want to have to worry about sending my cable back. I see the 8 pin connector in the help file and then options for 1, 2, or 3 pigtails on the site. I'm assuming that with the EIO there will be that 8 pin connector coming out of the main cable correct? Is there a female part that comes with it that has short wires coming out so you can splice in the inputs, outputs, and ground? Are the pigtails the separate connectors and wires you would need to plug into the output pins on the WBO2 controller (red connector in the help file)? Thanks.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner

Re: Ready to order, need EIO help

It'll come with 1 pig tail... the pig tail is a white connector w/8 wires coming outta it that plugs into the cable

If you plan on hard wiring a pig tail then it's good to have an extra in case you want to use it in a different car or if youw ant to hard wire multiple configurations ...
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Advanced Tuner

Re: Ready to order, need EIO help

I get it 2 pigtails means two of the 8 pin connectors, so I could leave one hard wired in one car and still have another 8 pin connector for another car. Thanks horist!
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel