Thread: question on w\b

question on w\b

I've looked high and low for a answer and cant find it for this (must be totally obvious to all but me)
    I have a lm-1 on the way and a complete exhaust system sitting on my living room floor (single). now would be a good time to put a bung in. my question is where does it need to go, in the headers, can it go in the y pipe or behind that, i will have a catted y. do i just need one o2 sensor for one side? do you install it just for tuning one side at a time? will a stock location work?

I hate to punch a hole in the header and do any welding since they are coated, thanks to all who reply
    Dave

Re: question on w\b

There are two schools of thought.

One, you could put it after the Y-pipe and before the CAT. This would be the easies and will give you readings that are an average of both sides.

Two, you can put in two bungs, one after each header. This will give you the ability to move the sensor to either side so you can check both sides of the motor independently.

Number one is esier because you put it in and you are done, two can get you more info. Being the lazy person I am, I went with One.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Re: question on w\b

I also did just one. I placed mine on the passenger side right after the existing o2 sensor.