Thread: How to Install

Tuner in Training

How to Install

Hi Guys this might be a dumb question, but i need to know before i buy.
    When istalling the actual cables to the vehicle do any of the vehicles wiring harnesses need to be cut or spliced in to or does it just simply plug into the computer or diagnostic connectors?
    Thanks

Re: How to Install

If you are just using the Standard version no, the cable plugs directly into your OBDII port.

If you are going to use the EIO interface then it's up to you what you log and slice into.

But for you getting started the Standard Version will work fine unless you have a wide band package that you want to log.

Short answer=NO splicing needed.

-Mike
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training

thats good news

i do want to use the EIO

as long as im not splicing in to the cars factory wiring it s ok

is this right, even with the EIO interface???

As far as using the EIO interface it's up to you what you do with it. You can splice into wires if you want to log something that the scanner doesn't log but I can't even thing of anything at this point. The biggest reason I'm getting the EIO interface is so I can include the data from my LM1 wideband in my data logs, so I most likely won't use it for anything else that this point.

Lets take this example that is totally stupid:

Lets say you wanted to log TPS voltage but the scanner didn't support that. You can splice into the TPS wire and send a signal to one of the wires on the EIO (Enhanced Input/Output) and data log that voltage. Say you put a tranducer on the fuel rail, you can run a wire to the EIO (<-hey, isn't that a children's song, Old McDonald had a farm ) and data log your fuel pressure along with everything else. It's entirely up to you what you do with it.

There is also the output part of of the EIO. You can use HPT's scanner to trigger different devices, like maybe a shift light or something else you would want to turn on or off. It's late and I can't think straight right now so hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. I know my examples kinda suck but I can't think right now.

-Mike
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training

I get it

like you all i will be using the EIO interface is to hook it up to my WBO2