Thread: PLEASE HELP!

Tuner in Training

PLEASE HELP!

I recieved my HP tuner today after waiting 18.. yes I said 18 days(not very happy about this to begin with) and after installing the software, hooking up the HP tuner(all ports were connected right) I took it out to my car to get a scan.

I turned my laptop on, waited until it booted, connected the OBD II then opened the scanner(I am going to try to connect everything first then boot my laptop).

This error came up The interface was not found or is not responding.

So I went into trouleshooting followed all the advice they have in it and it still does not work.

I went into device manager changed the settings as stated in the help guide and tried connecting.. got the same error.

I don't know what the troubleshooting meant by checking the fusebox. I checked mine and there is not one for my OBD II, so the fusebox step may be the problem. What fuse should I be checking?

I came in the house.. tried to update the drivers and I am going back out to the car for attempt number 2... please help me I am very frustrated with this HP Tuner right now

Tuner in Training

Re: PLEASE HELP!

I tried again.. connected everything turned on my laptop and it still comes up with the error.. interface not found(etc)... check to see that there is power to OBD II

I am running my laptop off a power inverter that runs off my cars battery.. it plugs into the lighter thing. could this be the reason for this error??

I am out of ideas.. and give up for now please help me out

Senior Tuner

Check your cigarette lighter fuse, the OBD-II port shares the that electrical point. It is common for some cigarette adapters to blow this fuse, mainly radio shack types. I use a plug in inverter that has a light come on if powered, very helpfull when in doubt of that cigarette lighter fuse.

Tuner in Training

I have the same light your talking about.. I know the fuse from the lighter works because it runs my laptop. I will go double check it though.. anybody else have any ideas??? I want to get my tuner working

Tuner in Training

I pulled all the fuses and checked them.. none of the fuses are blown. Are the units tested before they are sent?? I have no idea why it isn't working

Is there a number I can call to get help from somebody who works at HP Tuners?

Senior Tuner

They don't have a number per se, but email [email protected], as I am sure Keith or Chris should be able to respond rather quickly ... or they may have the support number ready.

Sometimes the port is not configured right, are you using a serial port or an adapter to a USB port? Is the vehicle ON (not running) and fully charged?

Tuner in Training

I turn the key into the On position wait around 15-20 seconds and try to connect and it gives me the same error.. what do you mean by the vechile being fully charged? How can I check if it is?

I will e-mail them and see if they have any ideas

I am installing the software on my other laptop to see if my serial port is bad on the other laptop.. I doubt it but I will try anyways.

Tuner in Training

Okay I got it to work on my other laptop.. it mustive been my com port. Thanks for the help!

Senior Tuner

If the vehicle's battery is low, I have experienced some connection issues. So whenever I am down/uploading a flash, I make sure the battery is not low.

Good luck!

Advanced Tuner

also... on the laptop that wasn't working... do you have anything like Palm software or Pocket PC software running? They can sometimes take full control of the port and don't play well when other applications want to use it
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Tuner in Training

yes actually I do... didn't think about that i use a palm pilot.. i had hotsync running while i was trying to use HP Tuners.. i didn't even think of it

thats probablly why it wasn't connecting.. thanks for the help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

how'd your issues work out?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"