Thread: No DTC's detected???

No DTC's detected???

Hey guys
    I am a newbie to this and today I was scanning for some DTCs (was thinking i would have a few due to my 02 sim after my cat)

This is what i got-

No DTC's Detected

Continuous Tests:
    Misfire - Complete
    Fuel System - Complete
    Comprehensive Component - Complete

Once Per Trip Tests:
    Catalyst - Incomplete
    Heated Catalyst - n/a
    Evaporative System - Incomplete
    Secondary Air System - n/a
    A/C System Refrigerant - n/a
    Oxygen Sensor - Complete
    Oxygen Sensor Heater - Incomplete
    EGR System - Incomplete

Now, these once per trip tests--- am I supposed to drive around for a while or something for them to complete because i noticed one of them did complete.

Thanks and remember, I am a newb.
    1998 Pontiac Firebird A4&&SLP CAI, K&N, Catco 3\" cat, 3\" Magnaflow, whisper lid Phoenix Gold Xenon subs, 1600 watt sony mono amp, Alpine 9855 HU and kicker K65s

Re: No DTC's detected???

Quote Originally Posted by casketcrewchick
    Hey guys
    I am a newbie to this and today I was scanning for some DTCs (was thinking i would have a few due to my 02 sim after my cat)

This is what i got-

No DTC's Detected

Continuous Tests:
    Misfire - Complete
    Fuel System - Complete
    Comprehensive Component - Complete

Once Per Trip Tests:
    Catalyst - Incomplete
    Heated Catalyst - n/a
    Evaporative System - Incomplete
    Secondary Air System - n/a
    A/C System Refrigerant - n/a
    Oxygen Sensor - Complete
    Oxygen Sensor Heater - Incomplete
    EGR System - Incomplete

Now, these once per trip tests--- am I supposed to drive around for a while or something for them to complete because i noticed one of them did complete.

Thanks and remember, I am a newb.

The o2 sim fools your pcm into not detecting an ineffecient cat, so with this installed, I wouldn't expect to see you with a code. (I think 420). I would remove the sim now, since you can delete the code from appearing with HPT

The other items, don't know. I assume yes, but someone that knows I'm sure will answer.

All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Ok so say if I go and get inspected at a garage (next saturday), I shall pass? *big grin*
    1998 Pontiac Firebird A4&&SLP CAI, K&N, Catco 3\" cat, 3\" Magnaflow, whisper lid Phoenix Gold Xenon subs, 1600 watt sony mono amp, Alpine 9855 HU and kicker K65s

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

unfortunatly at this time I don't think you would...im not sure how many tests jersey lets you fail before they fail you but you have aa bunch not completed...some important...I would drive around for another 50 miles to see which ones go away and tune out the other ones if needed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by casketcrewchick
    Ok so say if I go and get inspected at a garage (next saturday), I shall pass? *big grin*
    The 02 sim only gets rid of the SES light, not the emissions errors, same as tuning out the light. When they test you, you could still fail.

Before I cammed my car, I passed (full exhaust with a hf cat). Now, I don't think I will
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Advanced Tuner

When the codes are disabled (I always just set them to not report an error, but leave them enabled) it stops the readiness check from failing... thus no fails it goes complete...

I got my 382 true dual , no emissions stuff at all OBDII tested and passed w/flying colors... every readiness test complete...

Seemed the fastest waqy to get the codes to go ready was several cold starts and several warm starts, with a little driving mixed in... took me about 30 miles driving and 3 cold starts, 3 hot starts and all but evap went ready... evap went ready on the way to the emissions place
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone know of a direct way to get the two from imcomplete to cpmplete?

See horists post above.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horist View Post
    When the codes are disabled (I always just set them to not report an error, but leave them enabled) it stops the readiness check from failing... thus no fails it goes complete...

I got my 382 true dual , no emissions stuff at all OBDII tested and passed w/flying colors... every readiness test complete...

Seemed the fastest waqy to get the codes to go ready was several cold starts and several warm starts, with a little driving mixed in... took me about 30 miles driving and 3 cold starts, 3 hot starts and all but evap went ready... evap went ready on the way to the emissions place

What settings did you disable the ses on? I have a 2015 v6 charger that i super charged. It still has factory cats, o2 sensors. All of that is untouched, but im getting the readiness incompletes and put close to 1k miles on it and they're staying that way. No CEL lights or anything.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    17 year old thread./
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"