Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car want start

Re: Car want start

We have verified by reading the PCM that the image in the PCM exactly matches the stock image originally read and also a number of bins i have on file for that year/model.

The fact that the engine won't even *crank* would suggest that it is a battery, starter, starter solenoid or wiring issue. The PCM doesn't control the starter system at all.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

The engine will turn over just not run it doesn't fire or kick on the fuel pump.
    Sorry for the confusing.
    ls6 intake, Tsp 231/237cam,headers,ported stock heads, Borla open plate,SLP lid

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    vert thats not nice to say, we all started somewhere. You knew everything about everything when you started out????
    no but if you dont even know how to spell wont and then start accusing some of the best support people around of not caring and then him wasting $500, perhaps he doesn t need thsi software or should learn more before fuckingup his car.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by TT_Vert
    no but if you dont even know how to spell wont and then start accusing some of the best support people around of not caring and then him wasting $500, perhaps he doesn t need thsi software or should learn more before fuckingup his car.
    I disagree. I got my stuff set up and read my VCM following the instructions word for word and it still screwed up, my car wouldn't start either.

The only thing I changed was the USB to Serial port adapter, reloaded my bin file and it's been working trouble free since.
    He should take advice and be more specific, but thats an individual for you. Thats what he looks like over the internet, may not even know him from your brother in real life.
    thsi
    Whats this, oh my....it's a spelling error, from you.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by TT_Vert
    Look, TTvert or what ever your name is if you have problem with me call me. My number is above. If not shut your mouth. If you want to have a spelling bee lets go for it. You missed spelled this you put thsi. If you have any ideas how to fix this problem post it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate. But,if you don't have any idea's beside negative comments. Then stay out of my business.If you had a problem I would help you the best I could.
    And, no I didn't fuck up my car the usb adapter messed up during the flash.
    Chris has help me alot in the past few days trying to work this problem out.
    I have a enough stuff to worry about beside arguing with you.

Advanced Tuner

unfortunatly the GM diagnostics for fail code p0601 have only two steps, replace the pcm then reprogram it.

You may need to do that or desolder the flash chip and reprogram it in a regular eeprom programmer or send the pcm to someone that can do it for you.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner in Training

I have my car on the road again

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by GrnZ28
    I have my car on the road again
    What did you find to be the problem?

Tuner in Training

I went and bought a new pcm. When i pluged it up it fired right up.

Tuner

Grnz28,

What did you do to fix your problem?. Was it the USB to serial adaptor?

Regards
    Mark

Tuner in Training

I came to the conclusion it was the usb to serial port that caused me all the problems. I went a bought a Keyspan it works great now. I used the belkin usb for sket yesterday it's in a billion piece now

Tuner

JasonB,

What brand of adapter were you using when you fried you vcm?.....

Mark

Tuner

I didn't fry my VCM. The best I can decribe it is that it got erased or something. I was using a RadioShack adapter at first. Now I'm using an IOGEAR adapter.
    When I got the new adapter it didn't read any information from my VCM, it read the VCM but everything was blank, so I reloaded the bin file and it's been working fine since.

Tuner

Himmm,

I just started having these excact problems today and was wondering if it could have been my usb/serial port adapter. It is a keyspan and I have been using it for a while. Wonder if these things have a huge failure rate. My big question is, if I had been unable to finally get my car running and had it flatbedded to the dealer, would they have been able to flash using the tech 2. I am real nervous about messing with my car now. I would like to get the original bin file back in and walk away right now. Interesting. Any hopes of getting a USB version out ;D so we don't have to mess with the converter. Maybe time for another what usb/serial converter do you have thread. Good night all. Too much stress for one night.

Jim K
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by corpsvette
    Himmm,

I just started having these excact problems today and was wondering if it could have been my usb/serial port adapter. It is a keyspan and I have been using it for a while. Wonder if these things have a huge failure rate. My big question is, if I had been unable to finally get my car running and had it flatbedded to the dealer, would they have been able to flash using the tech 2. I am real nervous about messing with my car now. I would like to get the original bin file back in and walk away right now. Interesting. Any hopes of getting a USB version out ;D so we don't have to mess with the converter. Maybe time for another what usb/serial converter do you have thread. Good night all. Too much stress for one night.

Jim K
    Yea, I consulted a private owned computer repair shop. They asked me how old this program was, I said it's brand new.
    The guy was studdering he was so amazed going on and on about how he can't believe that someone is selling new computer hardware with serial ports.
    Especially how it's designed to work with a laptop and no modern laptops have serial ports.
    I think.......nevermind.

Potential Tuner

well glad to see that GrnZ28 car has recovered--nice to see the support
    he has gotten from the venders and others on this forum-hope I don't
    get bashed to much for miss spelling words happens alot
    yes I have just gone through what I have typed and made corrections.
    Someone during the tread asked if this was to happen can the vehicle
    be brought to the dealer and be taken care of---yes I have come acrossed
    this where I work at a local chev dealer in the area--vehicle cranks does
    not start tech2 does does not comunicate with pcm-no data-tech2
    will com. with bcm sdm and so on-perform service program-tech 2
    message states will have to enter vin-possible service pcm or something
    like that--I do notice that gas gauge and other gauges in ipc do not op.
    proper-perform service program info. from t-9--vehicle stats and runs--
    when you play with your toys expect to have problems maybe try not to
    give up.
    \'01 Camaro

Tuner in Training

I talk to 12 different people on how to fix my problem in person and numerous amount people on forums. Im glad I Finally got it fixed. I have a little stumble every now and then when I take off. But, besides that it pulls damn good. Im just about ready to put the jug on it again.
    I will get to typing fast and misspell a word every now and then. But, I asked the guy if he wanted to have spelling bee we would have one. And, he never responded. But, I was in pissed off mood the whole time my car was down. So, I was no mood for Smart Azz. But, once more thanks for the help the members of this board gave me.