Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car want start

Tuner in Training

Car want start

I got home from school today. Came in thought I would move the rev limter up to 6700 and I disable some air injection codes. While I got done with that and went out to my car and flash the new bin I made. It took a long time compared to normal times to transfer. It finally got done . I go to crank the car and it wouldn't crank it just turned over. So I went back to load the stock bin. When I tryed to load it it came up as Request Download Failed-Unknown Error. I tryed it serveral times and it said same thing.
    You can't hear fuel pump kick on. I went to VCM Scanner and the inj B1 and B2 to are up to 25. I dont if theyr'e supposed to be like that or what. It is also set a code off DTC P0601 Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM).
    I need help I need my car back on the road.
    My car is
    1998 Z28 M6
    Thanks,
    Greg

ls6 intake, Tsp 231/237cam,headers,ported stock heads, Borla open plate,SLP lid

Re: Car want start

please answer the questions i asked you when you emailed support and we might make some progress.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

I didnt get an error during flash it just took like 2 mins. for it to flash it. It kept going in and out high speed. I knew something was up when it was doing that.

Tuner in Training

I need help please. :-/

why aren't you responding to my emails? I've sent you 3 emails now asking the same questions everytime. :huh2:

- i don't know if you are using a USB-serial adapter
    - i don't know if you have tried disconnecting the battery already
    - you haven't emailed me the bin file you initially read from the PCM and the one you tried to flash in.

Bottom line is this: If you disconnected the battery and it is still failing with the error you said you are getting it is likely a USB problem (if you have one).

I'm trying to help you, but all you are saying is "i need help".

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

I dont know how to send the bins to you.
    I disconnected the battery still done same thing.
    I'm using the USB port.

Tuner in Training

I guess I can't get any help on here. I guess I blew 500+ dollars on something I Can't get any help with. I've told you four times now that I don't know how to send you the bins if I knew how I would have sent them to you. Im out 500+ dollars on something I can't use and a car that want crank.I'm little upset with this sitution. I couldn't go school today because of no car. Now, i be sitting home untill I can find someone to help me. If you tell me how to send the bins? I will send them to you or some one call me and tell me how to send them.(256)345-6571.
    I not trying to be smarta%* just a little upset and confused with this. ???

Do you know how to attach a file to an email?
    02 Camaro Vert SS

The bin file is the file you read from your vcm and saved on your computer. You did save a copy of your origional file and put it away for safe keeping?

Just send Chris and email and click on paper clip icon in outlook express and go to the folder that you saved your bin file in. Select your file and click attach. Do the same to send the file you made the changes to and tried to program into the vcm.

Tuner

ill call and see if i can help
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnZ28
    I guess I can't get any help on here. I guess I blew 500+ dollars on something I Can't get any help with. I've told you four times now that I don't know how to send you the bins if I knew how I would have sent them to you. Im out 500+ dollars on something I can't use and a car that want crank.I'm little upset with this sitution. I couldn't go school today because of no car. Now, i be sitting home untill I can find someone to help me. If you tell me how to send the bins? I will send them to you or some one call me and tell me how to send them.(256)345-6571.
    I not trying to be smarta%* just a little upset and confused with this. ???

i realise your upset, but not answering the important questions i'm asking you via email isn't going to get either of us anywhere. I am here to help, help me help you.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

I sent the bins to you.

Tuner

from my phone conversation the car has all the gauges come on, no fuelpump signal though, no blown fuses, had him double check, the scanner connects just fine, the vcm flash will do a vcm get info and shows the vin but nothing else, wont allow a read or write, and wont do a full vcm write. hooks up to another guys 98 just fine and will read it but didnt want to write to it just in case, thats all i found out.. sorry i could help more

chris have you guys fixed my issue yet??

Tuner in Training

I hate my car.

Tuner

did you try a different laptop yet?

Tuner in Training

I rewrote and it still want crank. The fuel pump still isnt coming on and the fuel gauge is peged out.

Tuner

some people just shouldnt have access to this software..

dave

Tuner

I had a similiar problem the first time I used mine. It saved my existing tune then the problems started.
    No idea what went wrong, it kept going in and out of high speed and posting error messages.
    Car wouldn't start, it would crank and crank but not fire or start. The fuel gauge was dead too but the pump would run.
    I gave up that night, put a battery charger on it, went to work, came back with a new USB to serial port adapter, disconnected the charger.
    Hooked it all up and reinstalled my bin file it had saved. The car started right up and the program and everything has been working fine since.
    I think the usb to serial adapter went bad after a few minutes of use.
    What brand adapter are you using?

Tuner

vert thats not nice to say, we all started somewhere. You knew everything about everything when you started out????

Advanced Tuner

maybe the problem was the original read, maybe the first bin did not read correctly so reloading it will not help or give errors. Might be worth a try to go to the bin repository and get a new bin for your model year and try load that into your pcm.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!