Thread: cable not found with 2000 frc vette

Tuner in Training

cable not found with 2000 frc vette

I currently own a 2000 FRC Corvette and have recently purchased HP tuners for a 2k Vette and a 2001 F body. My problem is it will not hook up. I previously owned a 98 Fbody and have HP tuners for it and the scanner works fine on the vette. I need this fixed but who canl I email to get this done? Ihave the E/IO as well.

I just installed a heads and cam package and am going out of town in the car. I need to at least get a decent basic tune before I leave and this is a major setback.

Please help ASAP!

my email is [email protected]
    98 Z28 M6 Hardtop 380HP 373Tq previously tuned with LS1 edt before intake and TB waiting HPtuners! T1 cam, Mac headers and Y witout cats,LS6 intake,Jantzer TB,Hooker catback

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: cable not found with 2000 frc vette

i would assume [email protected] could help you out.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

what state are you in, maybe one of us guys can help you borrow a what you need till you get yours fixed, so you dont ruin your trip..... ???
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Can you connect to any other vehicles with your laptop/cable setup?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

I have not tried to connect to any other vehicle with the new version but my old 98 version HPTuner scanner connects just fine to my 2000 Vette.

I did send a message to support@hptuners yesterday.

I am in Miami FL. by the way.

The car actually runs fine now that it has had a chance to learn idle and such but I took off the cats and it was actually running pig rich before the install so I feel it is dumping even more fuel now at cruise.

My mods are MTI stage2 heads, TSP 225/225/.589/112 cam, Jet Hot headers, Magnaflow w/X-pipe.

Derek
    98 Z28 M6 Hardtop 380HP 373Tq previously tuned with LS1 edt before intake and TB waiting HPtuners! T1 cam, Mac headers and Y witout cats,LS6 intake,Jantzer TB,Hooker catback

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Can you connect to any other vehicles with your laptop/cable setup?
    If I still had my 98 Camaro (lost it due to sombody hitting me head on) I would try to hook up the new version. I can hook my old version up which eliminates a problem with my 2000 Vette.

Thanks

Derek

Tuner in Training

anyone?

please check the "Troubleshooting" section under the VCM Flash scetion of the helpfile. Check you have power to the OBD2 port as the cig lighter fuse is the most common problem.

Chris..
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    please check the "Troubleshooting" section under the VCM Flash scetion of the helpfile. Check you have power to the OBD2 port as the cig lighter fuse is the most common problem.

Chris..

IF you read the top of the thread I have already established power and have previously hooked up my 98 HP tuners scanner tomy Corvette.Now will sombody please come up with something I haven't already established. I read the help file back on the 21st when this happened BEFORE I posted up for help. I also emailed the "support" email address and have not had any responses. Maybe There is something else wrong and if you tell me what I need to do I will do it as soon as possible so I can start the tuning process. I am certain that it is not anything on my end as I tried to make clear from the beginning.

Let me also say I am pleased with my 98 HP tuner Fbody software but this new (2k Vette and 01 fbody) software I have just doesn't work! Maybe a bad cable or something simple, who knows!

Thanks for the reply,

Derek

sorry i misread your post, i thought you were referring to the '98 working fine. I don't see any email from you to [email protected].

Anyway, it sounds like if the only thing that has changed is the cable swap to the EIO then that may be the problem. I assume you kept your original serial/OBD2 cables when you did the swap?

Also, i assume the error you are getting is "Cable not found". Please email [email protected] your VCM Info log file and we will determine if the cable needs to be replaced.

Cheers,

Chris....

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    sorry i misread your post, i thought you were referring to the '98 working fine. I don't see any email from you to [email protected].

Anyway, it sounds like if the only thing that has changed is the cable swap to the EIO then that may be the problem. I assume you kept your original serial/OBD2 cables when you did the swap?

Also, i assume the error you are getting is "Cable not found". Please email [email protected] your VCM Info log file and we will determine if the cable needs to be replaced.

Cheers,

Chris....

Chris, I bought a new disk and cable and everything for my Corvette. I use different cables, box, disk. I will send another email to you all at support@hptuners with info.

Derek

Tuner in Training

Anyone recieve my email to [email protected]?

Tuner in Training

Had to send it back. Hopefully a quick fix and turnaround.

Thanks Chris.

Derek