Thread: Car died twice

Potential Tuner

Car died twice

Since i have tuned my car the check guages light has come on and the car killed itself. This is while i'm driving and under boost. What could be wrong please (no coded are trigered)....

Thanks
    Pat

Re: Car died twice

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxs
    Since i have tuned my car the check guages light has come on and the car killed itself. This is while i'm driving and under boost. What could be wrong please (no coded are trigered)....

Thanks
    Pat
    Is your car Electronic Throttle? Need some more info about what "the car killed itself" means. Common issues are the P1514 table (Engine->Diagnostics). How much boost are you running?

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Re: Car died twice

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

Is your car Electronic Throttle? Need some more info about what "the car killed itself" means. Common issues are the P1514 table (Engine->Diagnostics). How much boost are you running?

Chris...

Bla, I knew better than to just post a problem without more information

I am running a T70 on a 3.8 1997 camaro. (specifics here http://www.force-fed-fabrications.co...trick/info.htm )
    I am running 7PSI of boost. I think i was actually scanning the car when it happened i'll have to go back and look to see it i have the log.

Basically while driving and under boost the car dies. Tach goes to zero and the check guages light turns on. The first time it happened the car appeared to die, tach was zero but the car did not die (maybe for a 1-2 seconds the tach was zero) . the second time it happpened the car actually died.

I did find out last night that the EGR valve is faulty and i'll be blocking that off this weekend.