Thread: twilight sentinal>>corvette

Tuner in Training

twilight sentinal>>corvette

can i use HPTUNERS to turn off the 'twilight sentinal' option on my corvette?

--matt

Tuner in Training

Re: twilight sentinal>>corvette

That is in the BCM, Tech2 needed for that

Tuner

cant you just go into the DIC and turn it off? I can on my 2000

Dave

Advanced Tuner

Uhm. Is there anything else on the fuse? I think I read something about a resistor mod for the sensor so that it would never allow the lights to come on automatically. Or if I am not mistaken (this worked on my S-10s) you can just do one click on your emergency brake and they won't cut on.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Advanced Tuner

locate the light sensor in the dash, one side is reference high (about 5 volts) and the other side is reference low (signal), I believe anything less than 2.5 volts is considered day, above is night, use a 10K resistor to pull the signal low, its always daytime
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner

Okay, didn't want this to turn into a corvette discussion but I think some people are talking camaro's and some are talking vettes. The twilight sentinal is turned off through the DIC. Now if you are trying to turn off the daytime running lamps, I could understand that wanting to be turned off via tech2.

As for the camaro, yep, you can put a resistor in place of the sensor on top of the dash or short the little box hidden behind the radio which is what I did but put in an on/off switch. Email me if you want more info on that.

Jim K
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6