Thread: Erase1 Failed Check1 Failed

Tuner

Erase1 Failed Check1 Failed

Hi All,
    Made my first small tweaks, disabling a mil light for 02 sensor on my headers im having trouble with and modifying the transmissions shifts...

Go to flash/write the vcm... connects, downloading segments 1 through 11 then reads Erase1 Failed and Check1 Failed.

Anybody know the problem?

Thanks,

03 Silverado Z71, 6.0L (LQ4), Magnacharger Radix, 90mm TB, 9psi boost, 60# Mototron FM Injectors, Meth Injection, LPE GT7 Cam, PI Vigilante 2600, FLT Level 5 4l65E, Dynatech, Custom Stainless Dual Exhaust, Detroit True-Trac, 4.10's, Electric Fans, AirAid CAI. HSW Dry Nitrous with 50 shot. 11.73 @ 114 - 2Bar SD - @@@Photos and Video@@@

Tuner

Re: Erase1 Failed Check1 Failed

Okay, I answered my own question. Lets try to turn the ignition to run instead of accessory. Thats when it got scary. 8 minutes later after several communication errors, gauges going crazy, bells ringing it finally reached 100 %.... phew! :-/ Now lets read it back and save it to make sure it took. It didn't! > Okay lets set the com port just as the help file says. My baud rate was 9600. Not good. Set the receive buffer back a tick. :Do I want to try it one more time. After all its just a 30K truck I could render useless. What the heck. Downloaded the flash in 29 seconds this time and it took! Rocky start but I think I'm on my way

03 Silverado Z71, 6.0L (LQ4), Magnacharger Radix, 90mm TB, 9psi boost, 60# Mototron FM Injectors, Meth Injection, LPE GT7 Cam, PI Vigilante 2600, FLT Level 5 4l65E, Dynatech, Custom Stainless Dual Exhaust, Detroit True-Trac, 4.10's, Electric Fans, AirAid CAI. HSW Dry Nitrous with 50 shot. 11.73 @ 114 - 2Bar SD - @@@Photos and Video@@@

Senior Tuner

Dont worry.

Even if something does go wrong with the flash process, you will not kill the truck. Just do it a second time. Sometimes other modules that share the VPW bus with the VCM start talking in the middle of the read/write.

While that will interrupt the process, you will be able to recover from it.

Thanks,
    Ken

Advanced Tuner

I have seen two pcms get dead due to after market radios not listeneing to the command to shut up so we can program the pcm. Newer units, both cars and trucks use the radio to control door chime which is a serial message from bcm, If you have an after market radio and your door ajar chime still works i suggest pulling the radio fuses!!
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

with our software?
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

no not with hptuners

this was in the dealership using a tech2

first time i was unsure what had gone wrong and turned key off after 3 failed program attempts which resulted in pcm replacement.

second time it happened i knew what went wrong, so just had to pull radio fuse and retry programming.

oddly enough both units were trucks, and both were equipped with
    pioneer stereos.

Problem was definately the stereo not shutting down
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

yeah kens van had the same problem, we worked a way around this

I count sheep in hex...