Thread: OS and VIN

Tuner in Training

OS and VIN

I have a VCM Suite for a 98 GTP.

Please explain to me the OS # requirements and VIN requirements for this to work with my PCM.

The original PCM from my car was used as a core and prior to the HP Tuners I was using a DHP which I know cannot be used since the OS was set to 0. I sold my DHP and was supposed to be sent a stock 98 PCM as a core. I was sent a Grand Prix Store PCM, OS of 0 as well.

What are my options??
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph - 2.33 60\'

Re: OS and VIN

All you have to do is have the dealer replace it back to stock. After they do that, you will be good to go.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Thanks for the reply...

Ending up selling the Grand Prix Store PCM on ClubGP for the same amount it cost to get a core from the good guys at INTENSE.

Brad
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph - 2.33 60\'

Advanced Tuner

In case anyone else comes to this problem, I restore VCM's to stock with a Tech 2 and SPS software. Same stuff the dealers use, and I am at July 2004 updates.

[email protected]

Thanks.....

Potential Tuner

Hey, newb here,

Im trying to get an INTENSE bin file to write on my PCM but it wont let me because my OS ID and PCM ID are different. Scott Cook told me to use the advance mode and to rewrite entire PCM. It wont let me do that either. The only thing I can select in the "ADVANCE" is the warning. Anyone else have that problem?
    Thanks to anyone with answers and to Scott Cook for putting up with my annoying emails about this everyday.

Thanks Alot
    Scott

p.s.- The PCM Im using is the original one from my car

Tuner

if you dont have the Pro version then you cant write the whole PCM

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by scotts99gtp
    Hey, newb here,

Im trying to get an INTENSE bin file to write on my PCM but it wont let me because my OS ID and PCM ID are different. Scott Cook told me to use the advance mode and to rewrite entire PCM. It wont let me do that either. The only thing I can select in the "ADVANCE" is the warning. Anyone else have that problem?
    Thanks to anyone with answers and to Scott Cook for putting up with my annoying emails about this everyday.

Thanks Alot
    Scott

p.s.- The PCM Im using is the original one from my car

Where did you get the Intense file?

You cant just rewrite the entire BIN to any PCM and it work correctly. The hardware number of the PCM is specific to OS ID models. There are about 5 CAL files per year model of make of car. Then some VIN numbers of year model are broke down to OS ID's also.

I have the PRO version, and most of the time, if it indicates cannot find proper bootloader, the OS ID will not match the hardware of the PCM.

If you want to send me the PCM and the Intense BIN file, I can most likely fix the problem. However, the Intense BIN must be valid, and you must own it. I dont want to hack vendors files for people that are just downloading them from somewhere on the net.

Loyde
    http://www.fastfieros.com

Potential Tuner

I bought the file from INTENSE. Scott already offered to flash the new code into my PCM. Ill probably send it to him. Thanks anyway.

Scott