Thread: TCM tuning only option request

Potential Tuner

TCM tuning only option request

As I am one of the few (many) LLT V-6 owners that cannot access our E69 ECM, will there be ANY way possible to come up with an option or a beta version that would allow us to access the TCM for the known and followed 6T75 six speed transmission. I can make do without being able to modify the engine itself but not being able to access and tune a very capable transmission that HP Tuners is already able to communicate with is a huge frustration for me and makes me second guess the program and the programmers. Your motto is "performance at your fingertips." Imagine knowing that it IS at your fingertips, knowing the full potential of your self and the programs capabilities, yet your not being given the support to make this, your dream, a possibility.

So, Bill and any other owner/operator/tuner extraordinaire that we all strive to, please, please, PLEASE, hear our plead for a transmission tuning only support option for those of us unlucky few (many) that are forced to live our daily drives with the mere mortal drivers out there.

I am a strong 36 year old military officer and combat aviation pilot that knows what I want and am not afraid to ask nicely for it. My only regret is that I have to literally BEG for such support and not have a manufacturer and company that is either unwilling or just downright don't care to support their fellow tuners in the same manner of respect and light that you know they would be willing to do iif that option was available.

In kindest regards and with absolute respect for you and your coworkers for one of the best and most affordable tuning products available, I salute you.

Michael Buschman
    CW3, Aviation
    Last edited by Velocity²; 05-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.

The problem is our software uses the ECM as the controller to be licensed. The TCM tuning is free if you have an auto trans. If we cannot read the ECM and license it we need to invent a complete new method of licensing for a currently unsupported vehicle. This is a rather large change to our software and licensing structure. Unfortunately, it's tough to make a case for the very few instances it occurs.
    I count sheep in hex...

I'm another one of the loyal customers with a similar vehicle like mentioned. I have a 2010 Traverse AWD that is full of potential. Is there anything we can do to help make the support available soon?