Thread: Torque converter shudder 2010 Yukon V8 4x4

Potential Tuner

Torque converter shudder 2010 Yukon V8 4x4

Hi - I've been looking at the HP product to try and eliminiate TC shudder at speeds under 45 and light throttle. Anyone know if this is possible on my vehicle and the HP software? I've followed some of the posts and see some increase TC pressure and increase the MPH threshhold that the TC can lock up. I was in the transmission business for about 10 years but it was back in the late 80's early 90's so things have changed a bit. Back when we had this problem you usually had a bad converter.

Any help please?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Njperrone View Post
    Hi - I've been looking at the HP product to try and eliminiate TC shudder at speeds under 45 and light throttle. Anyone know if this is possible on my vehicle and the HP software? I've followed some of the posts and see some increase TC pressure and increase the MPH threshhold that the TC can lock up. I was in the transmission business for about 10 years but it was back in the late 80's early 90's so things have changed a bit. Back when we had this problem you usually had a bad converter.

Any help please?
    Are you using the stock converter and have you adjusted the TCC Duty/PWM % at all?

Potential Tuner
    Yes stock converter. No adjustments have been made as I do not own a tuning Device

Potential Tuner
    Ok a buddy who has the hp tuner helped me change the lock up to not happen till above 45 in 4th 5th 6th. We also upped the tcc pressure setting per another post listed here. Seems a ton better and doesn't bog down as much as before. Ill drive it a couple weeks to see how it is.

Potential Tuner
    Bummer - this morning on the way to work I notice the TCC cycling on and off. Any suggesations?
    Last edited by Njperrone; 08-26-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Drove again today and it worked flawlessly... I wonder if there's somthing like a stuck valve or leaking seal causing it to be intermitent. Anyone ever try the clean trans setting? I wonder if it could free up something - or toast it the rest of the way.....

For anyone to offer any help a log of the Trans needs to be taken and posted.

Potential Tuner
    ok so it did it again this morning - I wonder if trans temp has somthing to do with it - the temps were below 140 when it was cycling and the temps were above 140 when it didn't in the afternoon. I'll get the logs - any specific logs that would help the best and does it need to be acting up when the logs are recorded?