Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by gottogo
    I guess that's what I really meant. Is there a definitive answer out there for what generic support is available?
    look at it like this i've been able to scan a 96 LT1's generic parameters & clear his codes with no problem as well as my wifes 99 buick century...so it can be used as a generic scanner on most OBD2 GM's just fine even with the old serial interface that im still using
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    look at it like this i've been able to scan a 96 LT1's generic parameters & clear his codes with no problem as well as my wifes 99 buick century...so it can be used as a generic scanner on most OBD2 GM's just fine even with the old serial interface that im still using
    That's great. I suppose that's what I really needed to know. But just to beat a dead horse, is this written anywhere?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    they don't claim to offer generic parameters...it just kinda comes with the territory i guess.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    so i guees you need to make yourself a 8 second car now? did you guys get board with the 9's?

seems a little greddy to me....... no way am i give you guys any more money hell for 500-600 bucks more i could almost have a full FAST system on my car, but i bought into your promis's and then you droped the v6 like rock in the Hoover Damn after you got your money from us

you keep telling me there is no demand? I'd like to know how.. me and other memembers, Intense, ZZP, and many other VENDERS do not meet your demands.... ???

now you want ANOTHER 150 bucks just so i can have 2.1..... whitch is going to what for the V6's ? hell i can't even read 48 bits with my car with 2.0, i'm damn glad i didn't pay for the 2.0 upgrade.

i'm taking the little money i have else ware
    http://www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 Stalled V6 Camaro
    Goal: 10.99 in the 1/4
    Goal: 100 MPH (completed)

Best Dyno: 456 RWHP and 509 RWTQ
    Best: 1/4 mile 11.23 20 PSI
    Best1/8: 7.18 @ 99 1.83, 60 foot 20 PSI

Quote Originally Posted by viper04af
    now you want ANOTHER 150 bucks just so i can have 2.1..... whitch is going to what for the V6's ? hell i can't even read 48 bits with my car with 2.0, i'm damn glad i didn't pay for the 2.0 upgrade.
    You can't read 48 bytes of scan tool data because your vehicle does not support that mode.

If it did, you would be able to do it with our software.

We cannot create scan tool modes for vehicles that do not exist.

We are also not forcing you to upgrade. The choice is yours. If you do not wish to upgrade your hardware, you can still upgrade to VCM Suite 2.0 for $99 if you do not already have it.

Andy, I checked your account. You should already have access to VCM Suite 2.0. You will receive VCM Suite 2.1 for free just like everyone else who has access to VCM Suite 2.0. We do not want another $150 for you just so you can have 2.1. We want $0 from you and wish to give you VCM Suite 2.1 for free.
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 02-01-2006 at 07:52 PM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    You can't read 48 bytes of scan tool data because your vehicle does not support that mode.

If it did, you would be able to do it with our software.

We cannot create scan tool modes for vehicles that do not exist.

We are also not forcing you to upgrade. The choice is yours. If you do not wish to upgrade your hardware, you can still upgrade to VCM Suite 2.0 for $99 if you do not already have it.

Andy, I checked your account. You should already have access to VCM Suite 2.0. You will receive VCM Suite 2.1 for free just like everyone else who has access to VCM Suite 2.0
    so wait every v6 but the 1997 F-body supports it? i have not seen a scan from any other car that was not 48 bits.

also what happend tothe speed vs KR setting? it not in our cars but PCM performance can see it?

thats what i'm mad about you guys gave up on the v6's maybe you won't give us custum bins but you could at least make sure everything is unlocked for us. Did you ever fix the problem people was having with 4:10 gears? i look at other 1997 bins and see thing them that i can get to in my car ??????

you got into this hole thing for the v6 fbodys then you guy truned into a money thing it seems......
    1997 Stalled V6 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    It ain't gonna be cheap to tune unlimited amounts of LS2/LS7 cars...
    get in quick charge a bit more cos your the only guy around with the capability and it pays itself back in no time. Seriously, most tunershops would pay this back in under a week. I have seen multiple tunershops payback their unlimited LS1 package at $3999 in under a week.
    I count sheep in hex...

No 97 V6 pcm's support it. The same goes for the V8 97/98 pcm's as well.. So you can't say its just a V6 thing.

Remeber the 97 V6 uses a different PCM than the newer V6's..

Just like the 97/98 V8's use a differente PCM than the newer V8's.. They do have a different (older) parmaeter set.

GM used their experience in both vehicle sets to build newer and better PCM's for the future vehicles ie: 99+.

Advanced Tuner
    No 97 V6 pcm's support it. The same goes for the V8 97/98 pcm's as well.. So you can't say its just a V6 thing.

Remeber the 97 V6 uses a different PCM than the newer V6's..

Just like the 97/98 V8's use a differente PCM than the newer V8's.. They do have a different (older) parmaeter set.

GM used their experience in both vehicle sets to build newer and better PCM's for the future vehicles ie: 99+.
    i think i'm just PO'ed that i offerd you guys $$ to make me my own custom bin, and now i'm about to drop (this winter) $2000 for a fast system and will no longer need HP tuners.... for anyhting........

i would rather give you 500 down and 500 more for the custom bin becaues install and tunning of the FAST is probly going to be $1000.....

but you said "no"
    1997 Stalled V6 Camaro

the new interface, say i plug it into the car to start to log, can i have the outputs still attached and working without the laptop in the car?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I'm kind of dissapointed that Gen IV year/model licenses are 5x that of Gen III. I really don't need to do more than just my cars, but having the option of doing it was the one benefit of HPT over the "other guys". Have the prices for Dodge/Ford vehicles been set? Are they the same as Gen IV?

-Matt
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    get in quick charge a bit more cos your the only guy around with the capability and it pays itself back in no time. Seriously, most tunershops would pay this back in under a week. I have seen multiple tunershops payback their unlimited LS1 package at $3999 in under a week.

Thats the thing, I'm not a shop, just an individual offer tuning. I could afford to tune other cars by adding vehicles as needed, I didn't have to pay a boat load upfront, just a little at a time.

So basically what I am understanding, if your a tunershop you can afford the new price structure and if your just a single individual with 1 other buddy that will never tune anything but only 2 cars it's a good deal?

So people like myself that tune a few dozen cars per year, are screwed when it comes to LS2/LS7 support, unless we have deeper pockets than the average joe...

Thanks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    Thats the thing, I'm not a shop, just an individual offer tuning. I could afford to tune other cars by adding vehicles as needed, I didn't have to pay a boat load upfront, just a little at a time.

So basically what I am understanding, if your a tunershop you can afford the new price structure and if your just a single individual with 1 other buddy that will never tune anything but only 2 cars it's a good deal?

So people like myself that tune a few dozen cars per year, are screwed when it comes to LS2/LS7 support, unless we have deeper pockets than the average joe...

Thanks.......
    its your own fault if you dont charge enough for a tune

I'm pretty much going to be one of teh only guys around KC to offer street/rack tuning for ls2/ls7
    I'm planing on charging more than I do to do an f-body....
    besides..if they have the money for the car and parts to go fast...then this should be part of their plan...

all it takes is finding 1 guy that has a dyno tune somewhere and his car runs like crap...you convince him to let you do som etweaking causehe's a buddy of yours...you bite the bullet a little with splitting hom a lower price and you eat a few dollars on his tune...
    but then he tells everybody that you fixed his tune and he runs better daily driving and has better and more consistent track times...BAM.....you charge enough to cover teh individual liscenses plus a few extra dollars...and save up for unlimited liscenses.....after that its all proffit...

I used to only think I would do my car.....got 2000 and 2002 f-body liscense cause I had a buddy with a 2002.....and I had a 2000...
    I made his car more stable and it ran better part throttle...then I was able to improve his track time by half a second!!!
    now I do 2-4 tunes a week....every week when I am not on the road....

and I sometimes just have the custoer pay up front...they will need to if I'm going to purchase credits and apply it when I get in their car...

you can also buy generic credits...one at a time when you have an extra $50
    and if you have enough for the ls2/ls7 then just apply and charge accordingly..perfect scheme for guys like you
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Soundengineer is dead on track! I have only tuned 2 other trucks. But just getting the word out and i got offered two more when I went back to make adjustments on his tune (I think free updates is a good customer service start). I made $0 tuning my first two, but when guys start coming in with licenses you already have, you start to make money quick.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Tuner in Training
    I'm one of the early adopters with the original model year license (and renewed support). When I upgrade to the MPVI Pro, will my existing license transfer to the new model year license, or will I be issued 6 credits (the value of a Gen III model year license under the new sysem) to spend as I wish?

all licenses transfer over

Soundengineer is dead on track! I have only tuned 2 other trucks. But just getting the word out and i got offered two more when I went back to make adjustments on his tune (I think free updates is a good customer service start). I made $0 tuning my first two, but when guys start coming in with licenses you already have, you start to make money quick.

Chris
    No joke. I'm so excited about this new structure. I will just charge more for LS2 vehicles and have it paid for in no time. Plus adding credits as you go is pure genius. I love it that you don't have to pick what cars you want up front.

HPT's prove once again they are the BEST on the Market!
    www.youtube.com/rmsman
    Ventura County area, CA

Do we get credit for credits applyed? I mean if I tune 3 trucks using the Single Vehicle license of 2 credits each. I would then own the Year/Model license??

Advanced Tuner
    all licenses transfer over
    would i get the same amount of credits with the 3 licenses i already have ?

It's a pretty simple process.

When you upgrade your interface.. your licenses are transfered over to the new interface as is.

That's it.

You do not receive any bonus credits. You receive a new interface with your existing licenses.

Once a USB user, you then need to purchase more credits for future licenses (if you want to license more vehicles).