Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Potential Tuner
    ordered mine last night...... hoping to finally be able to get this car right as it has been tuned more than once already without the results I have been looking for.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.8t
    tommorrow is the 15th yippy. i have one question how do we do the 2 and 3 bar thing buy a new map sensor or what? i've searched but don't fully get it or maybe my search wasn't good enough. i'm just ready to get the thing lol.

Yes I believe so, I'm not sure on part numbers, but I THINK you can buy a two bar map form a dealer.
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

when can I send in my serial for my C5??

I think after march 1st
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Goodmorning HPtuner Gang.

Is today the DAY? When will we see tracking numbers?
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Tuner
    Please tell us they aren't going ground! I would gladly pay more for 2nd day or overnight.

Tim

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
    Goodmorning HPtuner Gang.

Is today the DAY? When will we see tracking numbers?

Yes. But as we are sending them in the order recieved it will take us a few days to get caught up. Keith Chris and I are doing the shipping on the pre orders, so please dont hammer us if you get your tracking number within a day or so.

-Ken

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome! Well I dont think i am one of the preorders, but what about upgrade preorders? I ordered my usb pro in December, is that the March 1 ship date?

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Advanced Tuner
    I originally asked from some expedited freight but was told that mine would ship out of Florida so it should only take a day to receive. Is this still the case? Will you have inventory in Florida in order to do shipments or is it shipping from somewhere else? If so, from where? I hope that mine isn't coming ground from CA. That would be another week before I get it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    Ok, just to get this straight.

I'm ready to upgrade my serial to USB EIO. I currently have 2 liscenses (2001 Grand Am and 2004 Monte SS). I only use one. I chose the second, cuz I had to.

I spend 200 bucks to get the new USB cable, wideband support, access to Ford/Chrysler for scanning and clearing codes AND a sexy new unit???!!! That's friggin' Great!!!

Geez, even though I have a V6, I still think this is great.

The comments regarding bad support for the V6, well I disagree with those comments. Seems every question/problem I have is or has been addressed!!

One question. Can I swap the second liscense I have for the 6 credits I would have gotten if I was a new user? Or trade for all years of the Grand Am?

Thanks again! I assume I email my upgrade request to sales(sent). Looking forward to receiving the new product!
    I don't post much on these forums. I just browse, read, and try to learn as much as I can with the limited time I have. I'll add that you guys at HPT are doing a great job.

With that being said, I'm a V6 tuner and still appreciate all of this stuff and I hope to order once the day comes.

To the ones crying about pricing: I am a college student with very little money and I am not crying about a $200 upgrade. Get over it. This is an amazing deal, and this is a V6 guy talking. Once again thank you HPT for the great R&D that you have provided for us.

My question along with xonelith's that has been answered with shades of gray: I had to pick a second vehicle when I first bought the program and hardware. The only part I don't like it that we don't get our free 8 credits to use as we please. It's a completely different matter than that of the street/track tuners on this site. I would just like to be able to tune all other Grand Am's like my friend xonelith. Would it be a possibility to work something out to remove the extra car and choose different vehicles as if we were in essence "new" customers?

Advanced Tuner
    Will the new interface allow me to scan my 05 SRT-4 and clear codes? I'm really interested in looking at what happens to timing when I add a FMIC, and Water Injection.

Thanks,

Matt

you should be able to clear codes on any obd2 GM/Ford/Dodge vehicle with the new interface

I'm clearing codes on every vehicle with GM protocals now with the old serial interface(including the wifes 97 oldsmobile achieva)

what I dont know is if it will be added right away or if thay are waiting till they have more parameters added to the software as its still just GM for tuning and editing right now
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-24-2006 at 10:53 AM.
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner
    If I currently have suite 1.7 and the serial interface and EIO, and 2 extra credits, can I simply use them to get 2bar SD for my car, pay $0, use my last 2 credits, and be done?
    78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - Heads, cam, intake, full exhaust, gears, limited slip, Nitto DRs, and two extra cylinders [email protected] slipity doo dah
    99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq @ 5psi (4/14/05)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 280Z28
    If I currently have suite 1.7 and the serial interface and EIO, and 2 extra credits, can I simply use them to get 2bar SD for my car, pay $0, use my last 2 credits, and be done?
    the serial interfaces didnt use a credit system so you don't have any credits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    the serial interfaces didnt use a credit system so you don't have any credits.
    Then this was a very sneaky dude trying to make a sale:

HP Tuners for '99 fbodies. This is the Serial cable version with EIO so you can wire in a wideband. I have never used the EIO harness, so that part of it is brand new. Version 1.7 software.

Enhanced IO New runs 649$ new form HP tuners with 8 credits included. 6 of those are needed for a specific year liscence. So subtract 100$ for the two remaining credits and you would have to pay 549$ new for this now from HP Tuners.
    I was thinking I could give him what he was asking for the system and be done and ready to work 2bar SD. But really, I would need that + $199 for the new IO + $100 for 2 credits?
    78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - Heads, cam, intake, full exhaust, gears, limited slip, Nitto DRs, and two extra cylinders [email protected] slipity doo dah
    99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq @ 5psi (4/14/05)

payment sent paypal!

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Senior Tuner
    Forgive me if this has already been brought up and answered (many pages here to wade through).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    MPVI Upgrades
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Std upgrade - $149 (user must pay shipping for returned serial unit)
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Pro upgrade - $199 (user must pay shipping for returned serial unit)
    MPVI Std to MPVI Pro upgrade - $289 (user must pay shipping for returned MPVI unit)
    Why does it cost $289 to upgrade from the MPVI Std to the MPVI Pro when it only costs $50 difference if you do it initially when turning in a Serial Std/EIO, especially considering you are able to recondition the MPVI to resell it?

No biggie, but just found that a lil odd.

Kind Regards,

James

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Why does it cost $289 to upgrade from the MPVI Std to the MPVI Pro when it only costs $50 difference if you do it initially when turning in a Serial Std/EIO
    EXACTLY! lol the difference in price for upgrades is so minimal it would be wise to just get the better interface now. In the end having someone purchase one of the units and then wanting to upgrade is just a hassle and if one of the std units were to be traded in and you were a normal everyday customer would you be comfortable paying full price for what could be a used unit? I wouldnt...and if they did accept & resell the usb unit I would assume they would have to open the case & test the internals & then probably replace the case at a minimum which probably would end up taking more time & $ then its worth. I dont work there but that answer sure sounds good to me lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Thumbs up

I got to see the new unit the other day...
    Looks great!!
    Murphy's Laws of War:
    Bullets Have The Right-Of-Way
    Friendly Fire....Isnt
    If It Is Strong Enough The Enemy Cant Get In....You Cant Get Out
    Tracers Point Both Ways

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Why does it cost $289 to upgrade from the MPVI Std to the MPVI Pro when it only costs $50 difference if you do it initially when turning in a Serial Std/EIO, especially considering you are able to recondition the MPVI to resell it?
    It's been explained in the past as:
    Quote Originally Posted by HPT
    We do not want them to pick the standard to "try out" and then just upgrade to the EIO if they "approve".. the time involved on our end to process each one is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HPT
    We do not want people to buy the standard USB's and then upgrade to EIO's later. It's a huge burden on us. We want them to buy the USB EIO's up front if they want to use that interface.

If you have any doubts in your mind that you might need the EIO in the future then it'd be in your best interest to buy the Pro upfront, for obvious reasons.

Also, I can't find the post now where there was talk of it, but I'm pretty sure nothing is being refurbished and sold again.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires