Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle closing on C7 at 5500 rpm?

Advanced Tuner

Throttle closing on C7 at 5500 rpm?

Just finishing tuning 2 C7's with ECS kits. Everything is looking good except I don't understand why the throttle starts to close at 5200 rpm? The throttle doesn't open right way either.

we just did a C7 headers and it did not do this-it was also a 7 speed.

Anyway to fix this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    driver demand and torque management how much did you adjust?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Your Peak Engine Torque table is wrong. You need to bring it back to stock and do small increases where necessary.

This is not a limiter table (at least it is not ONLY a limiter table). I have found that you need to have it just a few ft/lbs higher than the engine makes for it to be ideal.....so it will have a curve....don't max it out.

One thing I would try is to bump up Torque Mgmt, General, TCS Method, Max Tq. and see if that helps. Something reasonable like 600, don't max it out...

Your DD tables have been increased a LOT, those values are in KW so the 727.66 kW values you have entered are 975HP, this might not be an issue but I haven't tried entering numbers that much more than the car is producing.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    DD and torque management system to me at least is what FORD PCM are using. everything is related to torque.

forget the maxing out method it will not work.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Change Speed Limiter Source from (GMLAN) to calibration.

Set the throttle pressure ratio at 1.00
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Andy, I know the description says that value is for when there is an error, but have you found it to work all the time?

Yeah, the way the description reads it only uses those values if there is a fault with the MAF, MAP, BARO or IAT. I haven't changed them on any of the Forced Induction DI vehicles yet.

is there a solution for the gradual ETC opening when going WOT?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
    bump.. having similar issue with a 2014 di silverado on a whipple im tuning. throttle closes at 5200rpm any help? truck has a comp vvt cam /kook long tubes/ circle d stall.

Quote Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 05gmcsierra View Post
    bump.. having similar issue with a 2014 di silverado on a whipple im tuning. throttle closes at 5200rpm any help? truck has a comp vvt cam /kook long tubes/ circle d stall.
    You need to calibrate the DD tables...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    You need to calibrate the DD tables...
    How do you do that? Put back to stock and slowly bump up? How do you tell when its enough?

Tuner in Training
    What he said. . What's the proper way to calibrate these other then just guessing

guessing is the only way at this point. have you two read every thread in this section? if you do, you will know all the same things we do. there aren't that many, this platform is still very new.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Andy, I know the description says that value is for when there is an error, but have you found it to work all the time?
    It definitely stops the throttle from closing. I've had to do it on all the blown C7s I've done. Does it have effects on other things at the same time? I don't know.
    I need to spend more time on the DD tables, I think. I'm fighting this issue where when you barely dip into the throttle, it snaps open to 84%. It's very abrupt. I really don't see why because I'm not changing the tables at low throttle opening.
    I may try adjusting the throttle pressure ratio back to stock to see if it smooths that out. I hope not. If it does then I'm not sure what to do.
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    guessing is the only way at this point. have you two read every thread in this section? if you do, you will know all the same things we do. there aren't that many, this platform is still very new.
    been reading a lot. Got the DD table set up so the throttle stays open at wot, but it still shows a gradual opening to WOT when first pressing the pedal down.

Have you changed the Max % Area vs. RPM, stock this will not allow WOT until 3200 RPM...

my c7 is still stock and it has one or two points at mild accel where you can feel it surge like you hit the pedal sharply even though you kept it steady. I need to log it to see what exactly it is.....

like second gear around 30mph and 2000 rpm accelerating normally to third.

Tuner in Training
    I noticed on a C7 I finished tuning this week that if the Engine-> TQM -> General -> PEAK Torque table isnt properly calibrated after adjusting the DD table the car will NOT enter V4 mode. I dont know how it works on SC applications but setting the PRatio from .900 to 1.0 will also keep the Tune/CAI cars from entering v4 mode.
    2001 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6, 10.8:1 SCR, TSP 233/239 113LSA, Centerforce DF 12" clutch, Rear end Brace, LPE Hardened output shaft, LPE Launch Control, Ported 243's, B&B bullets, Kooks 1 7/8 Lts, NA 446 Rwhp/406 RWTQ, Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit 725/685wtq

2006 BOM GTO M6 - Lingenfelter Maggie 112H Package, Pedder Big Bore Kit, Rear Insert, Monster Stage 3 Clutch, SLP LMII, Kooks LTs, AIS Meth Kit, 230/236 Blower Cam, 9 PSI Etc.......... 540Rwhp/542Rwtq