Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: ZF 6HP26 TCM - Now Supported in 2.25 Beta

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Great. All the 1024K defs are updated.
    Does this mean it now logs knock???????????
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Does this mean it now logs knock???????????
    Not yet, I'm getting there

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for all the hard work Eric. I actually used the new scanner last night for the first time The *TWO WEEKS* is amusing lol. I will have to figure out how to add my customer PID again for the wideband. I can't remember what I did with my notes from last time, but should be around somewhere. The scanner layout is nice and the histograms will be good. I'm not too fussed about the 3-4 bar map sensor stuff although it would be good to be able to log that high just so I can really lean on this little PTE6466. It seems to be making good power on 20-22PSI, just needs some more time spent fine tuning and then tweak the auto stuff at the track.
    I ended up fixing my poor idle/car park type stalling issues also, without the necessary stuff to log. Just winged it with a good result. Thanks again for the hard work mate. We appreciate it.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Not yet, I'm getting there
    Thanks for the response, any indication if it will be weeks months or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Thanks for the response, any indication if it will be weeks months or longer.
    Most likely weeks.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Most likely weeks.
    Thanks for the indication.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you gents have any luck with getting EOI to work in the 2.25 scanner? Mine won't let me add a custom pid into the 2.25 scanner. So uninstalled 2.25 and reinstalled 2.24 and wont allow me to connect to a vehicle now
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    The external inputs do not work yet and you will need to upgrade the version of 2.24.1080+ to get the production scanner to work once the firmware is updated, see:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post378027

and

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...NOUNCEMENT*-**

Once you upgrade the 2.24 scanner works including the EOI.

Advanced Tuner
    Cheers darryl

Advanced Tuner
    Finally had a win. Even after updating the scanner I had not Wideband still. It should have been saved in my config file. Tried loading them all and no joy. Just had to set it up again. Works good now. Still having issues with my tune file and the 2.25 Beta editor, When I open the tune file it comes up with a Checksum failed error. Which is strange, something I would have expected for a new strategy/vehicle etc but not for the my old wheel barrow, strategy is the same as it has always been. Sent a email to support before the weekend. Hopefully they get back to me tonight with a resolution.

Advanced Tuner
    Nothing strange about the checksum failures. You get this when you download the factory tunes HP Tuners have on their web site. They seem to keep fixing them.

Advanced Tuner
    Interbreasting......

Advanced Tuner
    Had a bit of a play today (seeing I was a bit bored) with changing calibrations on PCM's to see how far I can go...

So I flashed a ABU142 (6 cyl N/a) with a ABU15(1 or 4 from memory but regardless 8 cyl N/a) & it flashed fine & then ran the car but what I believe was only on 6 cylinders so it seems they don't put the drivers in there for the extra 2 cylinder coils or injectors!

I guess if you had a dead 6 cyl PCM & a good 1 you could make a 8 cylinder out of the 2, but then it's a matter of sealing the case back up for weather!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Had a bit of a play today (seeing I was a bit bored) with changing calibrations on PCM's to see how far I can go...

So I flashed a ABU142 (6 cyl N/a) with a ABU15(1 or 4 from memory but regardless 8 cyl N/a) & it flashed fine & then ran the car but what I believe was only on 6 cylinders so it seems they don't put the drivers in there for the extra 2 cylinder coils or injectors!

I guess if you had a dead 6 cyl PCM & a good 1 you could make a 8 cylinder out of the 2, but then it's a matter of sealing the case back up for weather!
    How about an NA 6 into a Turbo 6 PCM, then just use external boost control?

CAPA have recently done this for a friend, they supplied a patch loom for the map sensor, a turbo map sensor, xcal2 and it works fine...

I assume we could do something similar?

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't tried that as there is a completely separate (3rd) harness that's needed for LPG or Turbo, so yeah if the Turbo file flashes to the N/a PCM I can't see why you couldn't just use an external controller!

Hi there,

I am very interested on the putting a turbo to a N/A Xr6. Is it possible to do this with the Std ECU and a boost controller?

I would expect I would need to run the turbo TMAP but can I map the boosted portions of the Map? Has anyone done this? Any reading I can do?

Many thanks,
    Paulo

Advanced Tuner
    Most likely weeks.
    Eric
    Any progress on knock logging for Australian FG fords

Yep

KMON/vipec/the knock box/ all work
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Why am I not surprised!!!

Has anyone worked out (or shared) when then either of 50 schedules are used. Which ones are (performance mode, D, Cruise, WOT) etc. ..