Thread: LV3 Support Forthcoming?

Tuner in Training

LV3 Support Forthcoming?

Any chance the new V6 4.3 LV3 engine will be supported at some point? I would like to use this engine in a buggy swap, but I don't want to risk purchasing one without being able to tune it.

Quote Originally Posted by 96 Comp T/A View Post
    Any chance the new V6 4.3 LV3 engine will be supported at some point? I would like to use this engine in a buggy swap, but I don't want to risk purchasing one without being able to tune it.
    Already supported. It runs the same operating system as the V8s.

Tuner in Training
    That's good news, but I will wait until it shows up on the official "supported vehicles list" before I take the plunge. Are you saying you have already tuned one?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you believe we support your vehicle already but do not see it on the list, please e-mail us with your vehicles year, make, model, engine size and full VIN so we can verify support.

The supported vehicles list notes that we do support the 08-14 silverado 4.3ltr v6, I'm not sure what application you are referring to specifically but if caesar says its supported it probably is(he works here).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you believe we support your vehicle already but do not see it on the list, please e-mail us with your vehicles year, make, model, engine size and full VIN so we can verify support.

The supported vehicles list notes that we do support the 08-14 silverado 4.3ltr v6, I'm not sure what application you are referring to specifically but if caesar says its supported it probably is(he works here).
    The engine in question is the direct injected 3/4 LT1 new for MY2014 forward Chevy GM Pickups, and has nothing in common with the 08-14 engine (other than displacement). http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lv3/ If you guys say it is supported, that is great news. In my specific use case though, I would have no VIN to send, as I would likely be buying an engine + harness. I hope to score one here once they become a little more plentiful in the dismantler yards. It's early days though.