Thread: Wanting to get unlimited Gen 3 truck credits

Potential Tuner

Wanting to get unlimited Gen 3 truck credits

Ive currently used about 20 credits on gen 3 vehicles. Some are for trucks, some vans, suburbans, and tahoes. Ive got 2 questions.

1. Would all of these fall under the truck license?
    2. How do I go ahead and get the unlimited gen 3 trucks license.

I am on pace to have used 30 credits in a month or so and would like to lower my cost.

Potential Tuner
    From what I've read, the trucks, vans, and SUV all fall under different license. Regardless of make/model and even year. That is just my understanding though.

If it classifies as a Gen3 V8 truck/suv those individual licenses are able to be used for year/model licenses. The amount of credits you use to on the year/model licenses can be used as upgrade credits towards the whole Gen3 V8 Truck/SUV unlimited.

Upgrade credits are .75 of the original value. So a 2000 model silverado/sierra takes 6 credits to license that year model and you have tuned two 2000 trucks which cost you 4 credits. 3 of those 4 credits can be used against buying that year model.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    to add to this it sounds like you are doing alot of single vcm licenses, non of which go towards the unlimited gen 3 licenses.

ONLY year/model licenses go to the prospective unlimited vehicle group license.

Help-license info-available upgrade credits will tell you exactly how many upgrade credits you have, but from your initial post I'd wager you likely have 0 unlimited group upgrade credits at this point.