Thread: injector tuning issues 06 gto

injector tuning issues 06 gto

Hello guys I am new to tuning, my only knowledge of tuning comes from the book courses written by Bob Morreal of the tuning school and some light reading from this forum. My car is a 2006 gto with these mods as follows:

4 inch CAI(SELF MADE WITH HEATSHIELD)
    4 inch card style maf with housing (self made with a air screen as well)
    Nick williams 102 mm throttlebody
    Fast 102
    Headers 1 3/4 catless
    3 inch magnaflow catback
    SLP underdrive pulley

So far ive come across 2 problems. First im getting these random blips of knock on my scans when driving under heavy load. Nothing serious but its these little blips tgat never really reach 1° of retard Ive already checked to make sure my exhaust wasn't banging up on anything. with that on the dyno; (Dyno Dynamics) under load,the dyno picks up these injector surges from the sensor that i attach to the injector wiring harness during pulls. My data logs dont indicate those surges being from anything tune related. Any idea what that might be?

Second tuning the fueltrims with the wideband, my car wants to run leaner. My lc2 jumps between 15/15.5 afr when cruising around town when i go into wot the wideband jumps to the lean extreme then down to around 12-13afr. I have never seen how a wideband acts in a car but i should be around 14.5-15 afr right? Besides that the car makes great power 380/377 but i feel as if i could make more where it not for the injector surge.

Havent done any WOT TUNING YET.

N/a you should be going for 12.4-12.8 range for wot crushing will be anywhere from 14.2.-15. So keep dialing your curve in.

As for your knock try reducing the burst knock air delta table by 10%
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me