Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Your tables and cells are interpolating.
    Lower your idle RPM to 900.
    Set Minimum VSS to 0 MPH

Here are some more changes.
    Rescale the tables and change the values of the cells. If you want to use IVO -50 EVC 30, you can try it. I think it's too much overlap for it to idle stable. I'd try IVO -40, EVC 15 or somewhere around those degrees. The angles and distances I changed will help out with cruising and help out your MPG, giving you the chop at idle and a smooth, more efficient driving.

Attachment 97627
    thank you very much for this , i will try it tomorrow . can you tell me what will rescaling the vct emission reduction rpm do since we didn't change the distance , i am trying to understand it and not just copy
    thank you again

Advanced Tuner
    Emission reduction uses etc and rpm to target a cell. 750 rpm and 1200 are both commanding 0. 1400 is commanding 1.25.
    Your idle rpm should be around 900.
    Emission reduction rpm was 600, 1000, 1500, (guessing those rpm but you'll understand). During idle and cold starts, rpm will be greater than 1000 rpm, causing a unstable idle, up and down, not ghost camming because over 1000 rpm, your table is interpolating with the cells in the 1500 rpm column.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    I finally have a solid ghost cam tune, never tries to stall (even with AC on)and runs like normal when you touch the gas. I love it
    Its a 2013 GT, T56, 4.10 gears with longtubes. No cats because it dumps raw fuel down the exhaust when loping which will cause CAT overheating from trying to burn it all
    The more I learned by playing and logging, I found that less parameters needed changing.

Here's what worked for me.

• Set P/N idle RPM to 850
    • I use MP8 for the lope at idle, if you change cam angles for any mapped point then the speed density and torque tables for that mapped point will now be wrong so I didn't change any. Using MP8 is done in Op Stab tables explained below
    • Idle ctrl mode is in dashpot, not RPM ctrl - setting Idle>General>Min VSS to 0 does this for me. Tap the gas once right after you start the car and it should switch to dashpot idle ctrl (I do have tq decel enabled but I still have all dashpot parameters set to work from my dashpot tune-I don't know if this is necessary)
    • The cam lope won't happen until Emission Reduction times out and VCT schedule mode goes to Optimal Stability
    • Let Op Stab Mode handle all the lope idle stuff
      • Enable MP8 in Snap to Points
      • Fill Op Stab Mapped Points table with all 8s
      • Op Stab Max load table - set RPM x axis first three values to 750, 1000,1100RPMs and set max load at those RPMs to 0.3, leave the rest at 0.13. This will let it stay in Op Stab at idle only and able to transition to Fuel Econ above idle

• Set Best Drivability Min load table to all 5s to negate it
    • I have Airflow>Desired Air Mass>Desired Air Mass Idle Switch Enabled (don't know if this is necessary)
    • Spark- this seemed to have affects on two things:
      1. making the idle chop like I wanted, this takes lower spark advance
      2. staying on MP8

• lower the spark in the MBT and Borderline tables to 20 for 750,1000RPMs and loads 0.1 - 0.3 MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THOSE VALUES IN THE SPARK TABLES ON EITHER SIDE (SO MP7 AND MP9). THE ECU SEEMS TO ALWAYS LOOK AT SURROUNDING VALUES AND WHEN THEY ARE REALLY DIFFERENT, IT SEEMS RELUCTANT TO SETTLE ON ONE MAPPED POINT.
      • Here's where I found a mistake but the car does great. I chose MP8 for the lope idle but I changed the spark values in MP6,7,8 which puts MP7 in the middle. I will go back and target MP7 in the Op Stab table and see how it does.
      • Raise the Engine Diagnostics>Misfire Detection>Misfire Test RPM min to 1500RPM

• Idle airflow values are all stock

The car should chop at idle and when you touch the gas immediately smooth out and go to Fuel Econ and follow the fuel economy mapped points progression just like normal.
    While cruising it will be in Fuel Econ, when you let off the gas it will go to Op Stab.
    Hope I didn't miss anything and if someone wants to target MP7 instead of MP8 let me know how it worked out.
    Attachment 92008
    Do you know if this will work on the Gen3 with the 10r80? Its an F150 but I'm having a hard time getting my ghost cam settings to work and obey the distance tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan5.019 View Post
    Do you know if this will work on the Gen3 with the 10r80? Its an F150 but I'm having a hard time getting my ghost cam settings to work and obey the distance tables.
    Ethan,
    I sold the car a couple of years ago and the specifics have just faded, I'm sorry.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - bone stock except MGW shifter

Tuner in Training
    It's all good I appreciate it.