Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

ghost cam tune.hpt
    forgot i had this locked, dont have a log of it on this computer

I PM'd you.
    my current cam tune, in progress : )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

UPDATE

had another customers 2013 gt in last night, for fun I just tweaked it for a cam tune, starts, idles runs and drives awesome, couldn't believe it lol

Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    UPDATE

had another customers 2013 gt in last night, for fun I just tweaked it for a cam tune, starts, idles runs and drives awesome, couldn't believe it lol
    excellent! What cam angles did you end up with?
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

-40, 25
    worked great

Surging to 500 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    excellent! What cam angles did you end up with?
    Any updates on how to fix the idle surging to 500 rpm and then back up to 800-1000?
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

No sir. I've haven't been able to keep it from going to Target N and Torque control for any of the cam tunes I've tried so far and I think I've got to get over that hurdle first. I'm hoping that learning what it takes to do that will help me solve that occasional surge. I'm still just scratching the surface on all this.

I think Higgs thread on surging has a lot of information relevant to this but too deep for me right now

I think Higgs thread on surging has a lot of information relevant to this but too deep for me right now
    Understood, I'll look at the thread myself and see what I learn and share the info. So I'd say it's safe to assume idle spark adjustments are not the solution I've gone up and down with spark advance, no fix.
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

That's what I think, spark adjustments made no difference for me either. I think because of being in Target N and Torque Control

This sounds bad, but what do you mean by target N? And yes if you look at toro's tune file he made a lot of torque control changes. I've been looking there for a start

That's what I think, spark adjustments made no difference for me either. I think because of being in Target N and Torque Control
    Quote Originally Posted by TuneRS View Post
    This sounds bad, but what do you mean by target N? And yes if you look at toro's tune file he made a lot of torque control changes. I've been looking there for a start
    Also, my scanner does not pick up any KR for my 13 roush stage 3, why would this be? Does the rs3 not have Knock Sensors?
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

See these two log sections. Look at the channels on the left, Torque Source and Spark Source.
    When Torque Source = Driver Demand and Spark Source = Idle Feeback everything is great, good choppy idle, also note timing is pretty low.

After a throttle blip, Torque source goes to Target N (I don't know what that is but I'll post about that next) and Spark Source goes to Torque Control.
    I think we want to keep Torque source = Driver demand and Spark source = Idle Feedback in order to have any control over the cam idle, and hopefully adjust out surging and stalling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stock everything else

This is what AKMD posted about Torque modes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stock everything else

Also, my scanner does not pick up any KR for my 13 roush stage 3, why would this be? Does the rs3 not have Knock Sensors?
    One of these guru's will have to answer that one about KR and knock sensors for your car : )
    Stock everything else

See these two log sections. Look at the channels on the left, Torque Source and Spark Source.
    When Torque Source = Driver Demand and Spark Source = Idle Feeback everything is great, good choppy idle, also note timing is pretty low.

After a throttle blip, Torque source goes to Target N (I don't know what that is but I'll post about that next) and Spark Source goes to Torque Control.
    I think we want to keep Torque source = Driver demand and Spark source = Idle Feedback in order to have any control over the cam idle, and hopefully adjust out surging and stalling.
    After throttle blip torque source changes to target N For a period of time causing the surge then reverts to driver demand? Trying to wrap my head around your post when I'm back at my laptop I'll go and check the listed above tables and see what I notice
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

After throttle blip torque source changes to target N For a period of time causing the surge then reverts to driver demand? Trying to wrap my head around your post when I'm back at my laptop I'll go and check the listed above tables and see what I notice
    Sorry, once it jumps to Target N and Torque Control at idle, it never goes back to Driver Demand and Idle Feedback (at idle). Just talking about idle, not about any other situation so as not to confuse.
    Stock everything else

The not having knock is probably something simple as emailing support and having them add it for your strategy.

Some Roush strategies disabled knock sensors.

right, but the PID should still be there just never read anything.