Thread: 07 z06 e38 p0606

Tuner

07 z06 e38 p0606

I am having the hardest time figuring this out. This is an 07 Z with built motor and supercharger, decent size cam. I have the tune down. It starts and idles perfect. I have VE disabled.

When I get on the gas hard, it starts to rip and then about 1 second later goes into reduced power. I check the codes and just one code: P0606.

Throttle body is STOCK.
    Electronic throttle section in the tune is ALL STOCK. I have never touched any of this stuff. I also compared it to a stock file and it is the same.

The computer was recently replaced by the owner, but everything else is fine. There are no other issues. Could this be a wiring thing? It is only when I nail the throttle.

Please help! In over 200 cars Ive tuned Ive never seen this.
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

Potential Tuner
    Where did the owner get the "new" ECM from? p0606 is a code for a internal control module problem, I would swap the old pcm back and see if it still does it. Why was the pcm replaced to begin with

Potential Tuner
    it could be anything from a maf or map sensor shorting out once it starts to hit boost or a certain voltage or a bad driver in the ecm that does fine until it hits a certain "load" range... i have seen many "rebuilt" pcm's from auto parts stores bad out of the box

Tuner
    Okay so this is weird...I went to do some highway pulls to see if it would happen on the highway and it happened with barely any throttle...3 times in a row. It happened with such ease, I was like WTF this wasnt happening before, so I pulled over on the highway, and I went back 5 tunes earlier than the one I had in when I made this post, fired it up and went WOT and the problem vanished. I did several wot pulls and it ran great. So I immediately thought OK cool, it was the tune, for some reason. So I started putting back little things that were missing...really just MAF Low stuff and Base running airflow stuff for the idle. Then I went and stepped on it again, but not on the highway, just on a back street (I was headed back home at this point). Then, I was certain the problem was gone and it was some fluke in the tune...and at this point, I did something I hadnt done yet...I DISABLED traction control. I rounded a corner and stepped on it 100%...car shredded the tires like I was on ice, and sure enough, fu*%ing P0606 kicks in.

So now I am thinking there may be an issue with the traction control system????

But why when I went back 5 tunes did the problem seem to vanish?

Its almost as if once I disable TC, the problem keeps happening after that regardless of whether I shut the car off and restart it and do another test.

I will do more tests tomorrow. TO answer the question about the ecm, the guy who did the work kept using aftermarket alternators in the car (like 3 of them) and the car was having very crazy overcharging issues...so finally it toasted the ecm. So they got a new one and a new delco alternator and the car has been fine since.

Everything, I mean everything else on the car is working and running like a dream.
    Last edited by boostls2; 09-26-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

Did you flash your replacement ECM with GM's TIS first? If not, you will need to do that.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Did you flash your replacement ECM with GM's TIS first? If not, you will need to do that.
    GM's TIS? What is this?
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

Tuner in Training
    Check the fuel pump module. Check the wiring or it can be the module