Thread: 2.25 version wont open files GM Gen III

Tuner in Training

2.25 version wont open files GM Gen III

Help needed, I want to do a segment swap, yes the instructions for that are posted, seem straight forward. My problem is this, I cant open any files in the 2.25 version to even attempt to segment swap. Its says they are locked. I am working on gen III V8. I can open them using the original or 2.24 version, but that version doesnt have the segment swap utility. I am missing something, what do I need to do? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by megabuddys View Post
    Help needed, I want to do a segment swap, yes the instructions for that are posted, seem straight forward. My problem is this, I cant open any files in the 2.25 version to even attempt to segment swap. Its says they are locked. I am working on gen III V8. I can open them using the original or 2.24 version, but that version doesnt have the segment swap utility. I am missing something, what do I need to do? Thanks!
    2.25 does not yet support tunerlocked files and custom operating systems. E-mail support.

Tuner in Training
    I did contact support, I need some better info for dummies apparently. I am not understanding it correctly. SO does that mean I have to use the Stock Calibration and do the segment swaps? Then swap the tune info later? I am trying to do a 4l60e to 4l80e segment swap on an 03 Truck PCM. It is 2 bar licensed, so how do I get back to not custom operating system? Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...wapper-utility
    that all makes sense but I cant even open a tune in the 2.25 version.

Tuner in Training
    I reinstalled the 2.25 , I can load my initial non enhanced tunes. I followed the segment swap instructions and it wont open the segment swap utility. I tried downloading 3 different stock 4l80e tunes from the Repository and it shows the segment swap utility under the compare bar but wont open. So I am at a dead end again. Its an 03 tahoe trying to do a 4l80e segment swap on.

I reinstalled the 2.25 , I can load my initial non enhanced tunes. I followed the segment swap instructions and it wont open the segment swap utility. I tried downloading 3 different stock 4l80e tunes from the Repository and it shows the segment swap utility under the compare bar but wont open. So I am at a dead end again. Its an 03 tahoe trying to do a 4l80e segment swap on.
    If you e-mailed support, they will get back to you with the file you need.

Tuner in Training
    I have emailed support. Ok, I finally found a matching OS # and the Swap utility comes up. I swapped segments, saved file. BUT> The file its segmented to is not an enhanced OS File that I need. My current set up is a 2 bar SD tune. I was only able to segment it to a prior non enhanced tune when it was NA. Now its boosted. How do I go about grafting the Segment into that tune? The 2.25 system wont Read or open any enhanced OS. This whole thing is frustrating. Its easy if I didnt have the enhanced system. It would be done. Any input would be appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support, explain the situation, we will do the swap in house and your frustration will soon subside.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    will do, thanks.

Senior Tuner
    I have emailed support. Ok, I finally found a matching OS # and the Swap utility comes up. I swapped segments, saved file. BUT> The file its segmented to is not an enhanced OS File that I need. My current set up is a 2 bar SD tune. I was only able to segment it to a prior non enhanced tune when it was NA. Now its boosted. How do I go about grafting the Segment into that tune? The 2.25 system wont Read or open any enhanced OS. This whole thing is frustrating. Its easy if I didnt have the enhanced system. It would be done. Any input would be appreciated.
    If you got that far, do a write entire with 2.25 with the swapped file, then read it back out of the PCM with 2.24, then apply the enhanced OS to it. After that, open it as the main file, and open the old file as your compare, and start copying over differences.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat