Thread: ZF6HP26 Write Issue

Tuner in Training

ZF6HP26 Write Issue

Extracted TCM calibration file, edited it, flashed it back in, no problem. On the second write I received the error message

Eraser: x7F Negative Response Code

Whether I write or skip the ECM file first it gives the same error when trying to access the TCM, repeatedly.

The TCM uses the 8R29-7J104-AB Operating System
    Vehicle is a 2008 FG XR6 Turbo sedan

Any assistance would be great, Thanks

Sasha.

Tuner
    Fg's you have to leave them for 25-30mins before rewriting after you have flashed them

Tuner in Training
    Aha! Thanks Bugsy, that's exactly what happened. Left it for an hour, come back and it flashed fine.

Advanced Tuner
    BF's appear to be similar but you can carry out multiple writes ( I have counted as many as 20) in the hour before you get the Neg response code. Once that happens you have to wait at least 30mins.

You also need to ensure the car is powered up for at least 30 sec's before flashing the tcm. Shouldn't be an issue if flashing eng then trans but trans only it's possible to be too quick
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

We are running into this on the newer Ford controllers as well. Copperhead will randomly die in a flash, and it takes 30 mins or so before you can flash it again. The 2015 Mustang PCM will do this too, but power cycling the PCMs to clear it up. Just a pain in the butt, and we are looking at ways to keep it from happening, but it doesnt appear to be an issue on our end, and more to do with the PCMs themselves. They arent really designed to be flashed multiple times quickly.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC