Thread: BCM Relink

Potential Tuner

BCM Relink

I have purchased a 2004 GMC Sierra that was water damaged and I have replaced the electronics but cannot get the truck to start. A GM tech online told me the BCM would have to be relinked via a Tech II device. Not wanting to pay the $2800 for a Tech II I started looking around for alternate options. Can anyone tell me if the HP tuner can relink the BCM to the PCM? Also is there a basic package that just gives you limited programming options such as the relink and PCM program storage and code clearing?

Advanced Tuner
    yes, HP Tuners can relink the BCM to the PCM, similarly you can disable VATS completely.

The only "basic" package is the standard version. This version basically provides the same base functionality as the pro version, but doesn't support black blox logging, inputs, or outputs.
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner
    How do you relink the bcm . Im in the process of turning the engine on and off 11 minutes at a time right now . . . there has to be an easier way

Advanced Tuner
    Flash > Relink VATS
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood