Thread: Ls2 injector timing after cam install help!

Tuner in Training

Ls2 injector timing after cam install help!

I have an C6 corvette that just had an cam install. Cam is in the 237/242 duration.. I got the car tuned it put out 434hp thru an loose unlocked converter, stock cam dyno"d 357hp . The Idle is gas rich smell, an low speed throttle seems to hang in the rpms about 1400rpms when rolling, but drops back down once stopped. Cam has 17.5 overlap. Normal EOI is 110.0 when up to temp, Injector Bounary is 520.0. is there an Calculator or something to go by to get the low end up an drop some of that gas smell.i know it wont to as good as the dyno, but if i can get it better than what it is now.....i'd be alot happier. thanks
    I've search and only got info on the gen3's

Can you post a little more info injector size brand etc. maybe even the file?

Tuner in Training
    Stock injectors....im at work so i dont have laptop with the hptuner program here. I've read that you would want to delay the injection timing with a cam that has alot of overlap.

Tuner
    If you do a search in this Gen 4 section using "EOIT" you will find several great strategies. On of them is to Subtract a similar number of degrees that you have cam overlap to the entire entries in the following table (E40 ECM). Engine>Fuel>General>Injection Timing>Normal ECT. And then experiment.
    Last edited by jim2092; 01-13-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    SOLD - 2005 C6 6.0 LS2,TF 235 heads, 245/255 .630 113 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, YT 1.7 RR, FAST 102 LSXR, VMax 90-102mm, VMax CNC ported TB, LS7 injectors, Dewitts radiator, Manley 7.550 pushrods, LS7 fuel pump, PowerBond 25% UD pulley, RPM stage 2 '06+ 4:10 rear end, Callaway CAI, 160* thermostat, HP Pro custom tune, LG Pro headers

Now - 2016 C7 ZO6 A8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2092 View Post
    If you do a search in this Gen 4 section using "EOIT" you will find several great strategies. On of them is to Subtract a similar number of degrees that you have cam overlap to the entire entries in the following table (E40 ECM). Engine>Fuel>General>Injection Timing>Normal ECT. And then experiment.
    Thanks!!

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...EOIT-questions

Advanced Tuner
    as far as i know you need to decrease that number and try. Some went better also with higher numbers. What are your mods?are you catless?headers?
    Last edited by ingsteve; 01-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    as far as i know you need to decrease that number and try. Some went better also with higher numbers. What are your mods?are you catless?headers?
    I have long tube headers with x pipe no cats,fast 102 intake , varam cold air intake, cam

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaincoupe View Post
    I have long tube headers with x pipe no cats,fast 102 intake , varam cold air intake, cam
    I have the same car but different cam (G5X1) and manual transmission , the gas smell will 90% disappear if you put back the cat.
    I also reduced a lot of bucking only installing the Vring92-102 on the fast102.

Post your tune so we can see if there is room for improvement.
    Last edited by ingsteve; 01-14-2015 at 08:27 AM.