Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont look, for Canadians only..

Tuner in Training
    Just got my PRO ! , finnaly , so the deal is No Duty,.. but.. fkg Brokerage fees still here , Why? its not much , $20.24 .
    So its way worth to buy them here then used.
    Thumbs up to HP Tuners team!

Tuner
    UPS dropped the MPVI pro at my door yesterday and the pr#cks charged me 60 bucks for brokerage.

hmmm...no brokerage for me.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    hmmm...no brokerage for me.
    Did you get it by UPS or regular mail?

Tuner in Training
    I got mine thru UPS and thats the way to go , otherwise would be worse.

Pretty sure it was UPS
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Brokerage fees on Canadian shipments

Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training
    I seem to have been lucky this time, no brokerage fees on the VCM Suite. I have found that small packages, regardless of value can sneak into the country for some reason. Large ones, even cheap large ones get dinged. UPS is the worst courier in the world as far as I can tell if you live in Canada. I always ask vendors if they can ship US mail.

UPS had a strike a couple of years ago and it broke their stranglehold, Fed Ex is now a common second choice for bigger companies. I once had a PowerMaster (GMs electric hydraulic master cylinder set up) get to my house from Memphis in 20 hours, through the border to my door. UPS would normally take 3-4 days to do the same thing.

Tuner
    I emailed Keith and he told me everything to Canada has to go UPS at this time, which sucks, but what can you do.

Tuner in Training
    I have used ebay aloy. And everyhting i've had shipped, I always try and use USPS Global Express.

Zero problems. And no ridiculous brokerage fees like UPS.
    Which is a rip off.
    Also, if I'm not home, I can pick the delivery up at the local post-office.

Tuner in Training
    w00t, just got the call from UPS that they wanted power of attorny to clear my package from Superchips!

Tuner in Training
    UPS is absolutely the worst company. I still don't know why everyone uses them. There are so many other options.

I received my mpvi with a nice customs bill for $23, $5 gst and the rest for brokerage. Just ridiculous.

I've never had a problem with usps.

Tuner
    Ordered tonight, UPS don't fail me now!

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I bought injectors, and they were shipped thru USPS as a small package. I Received them over month later, during that time I phoned them, gave them tracking number, they said - there is no way to tell where it is. I already said bye-bye, and almost bought another set the day they showed up..
    Now, with UPS I know the time that my package will show up. (doesnt work with HPT- they dont provide truking number)

Bump for the Oilers !

hey guys , what delivery company is the best ? I tried to get a quote from FedEx and they are like 2-3 times more expencive than UPS.
    www.turbofirebird.com tuned with HPT MPVI Pro, LC-1.

Tuner in Training
    There are 2 shipping options for Fedex. There is the express/overnight which will be more expensive and ground. Many fedex outlets don't ship ground, so you just have to find the one that does and you will notice huge savings. I've shipped bike frames through fedex and they are almost always half of ups shipping costs.

Just my 2 cents.

Another company is dhl.

Senior Tuner
    Ship USPS. UPS can eat me..............(Rip off artist!) What does it matter what the hell they are shipping, should go by weight, not the value of the part. Just another way to get more money out of you!! USPS may take a little longer, but worth it in my opinion!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenp
    I forget how it all went down I dont' recall that normal 'raped' feeling after buying something from the states via UPS though...so it was probably a painless exchange
    Hey bro, im in your area, did you purchase the software or is there a local shop that tunes for you, im looking into some tuning and HP seems to be where its @.....

Tuner in Training
    Also make sure it's marked as computer equipment.
    There's nu extra duties on computer gear.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by henchman
    Also make sure it's marked as computer equipment.
    There's nu extra duties on computer gear.
    ?