Thread: ECU Issues?

Tuner in Training

ECU Issues?

I'm tuning a LS2 GTO (auto), and having some weird quarks.

Can't get this thing to idle worth a damn, it's either too high or stalling. Generally this is never an issue, but this thing seems to not be responding. If I adjust the base running airflow, not change unless I ramp it to a ridiculous 200lb/hr. Startup airlfow has zero response. Every time I crank the TPS will start out at ~28%, but then drop to ~12% right when it's trying to fire and kill it. Only way to get it to start is by holding the pedal down to increase the TPS. I've maxed out the start airflow table to 500 in all cells, still nothing. Generally this causes one hell of an initial ramp start, but thus far nothing. I've turned off the idle feedback values (to try to get the base airflow correct) yet the TPS still seems to chase itself allover the place. Both P and I have a dead value of 5000, and both the airflow tables are zero'd out. Yet the TPS still seems to jump around. I've flattened out the base airflow table, and deactivated the timing adjust for idle. Ideally there should be zero feedback and the idle should just do what's commanded right?

Also, there's no real rev limiter. I can adjust the cutoff and for a while I didn't have any rev limit at all. Was reving 7K+ on the dyno. I set it to 3000RPM to play with it. It started working, but was still very non responsive. It would rev limit for a little bit, but it was like a soft retard rev limit. I set the hysteresis to 1500 which should ideally almost kill it with only a 3000 limit, but it was still a soft/quick rev limit. And what's worse, if I play with the throttle a bit, I could get it to rev past. Once it rev'd past I could get it to wrap all the way out again as if there was no limiter. I've turned on ETC, Spark, and Fuel, makes no difference. Generally we use ETC, to have a nice easy snap closed of the throttle, but this doesn't respond.....at all.

Tuned a lot of GTO's and never seen an issue like this. No codes, no relevant codes eliminated. I feel like I'm chasing my tail here. Like 1/2 the stuff I do it won't respond to. Possibly a software issue with the new update? Or possibly a bad ECU? I've compared with OEM maps and nothing is out of place (that I can see via the software), but is it possible something has been corrupted in the back end that I can't see?

Also, on a side note; I don't have the option to "Write Entire" for the engine anymore. Has this been eliminated?

CK

I'm tuning a 05 HSV with LS2 e40 and no write entire. Kinda need it to tune it SD. How can I update with the 2bar sd operating system. Anyone from HP have any input?