Thread: Dyno Tuned 2008 Caliber SRT

Tuner in Training

Dyno Tuned 2008 Caliber SRT

Last night spent 2 hours on the dyno with a CaliberSRT4 for the first time . Car laid down 330 HP 380 TQ. - K&N filter, catless 3 inch exhaust, injectors, E85 - Mustang MD 500 4 wheel dyno. Our Dyno is known for being a low number heart breaker so I'm plenty happy with this car!

Car baselined 307 WHP / 311/ TQ on a different dyno ( possibly dynacom ) at a different shop a few weeks back. Car arrived with E85 in it with new injectors and not running so wasn't able to get a baseline in house. After getting the injectors dialed in the car was laying down an easy 310hp 330tq. Get the VE dialed in , still not flawless but pretty good and got a decent timing curve going and kicked the car off the dyno after hittnig 330 HP 380 TQ - and getting the cruise fueling in the ball park .

This car definitely has more on the table but it is owned by a military serviceman and is currently his primary car. The car can't hold power in any gear under 3rd on the street even with decent tire so we weren't gonna push this car any farther.

Was very happy with the software as Im used to doing GM with this software, and I had used SCT in the past and was never happy with it.

The dyno machine isn't connected to the internet so I'll put up a picture later in the week

Doc,
    Counts Kustoms / VPT
    Las Vegas - NV
    CaliberSRT dyno.jpg
    Last edited by DRTurbo; 02-16-2015 at 09:17 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nice to see you on the forum Doc

Gotta love turbo cars, 50ftlb over stock is huge! Congrats...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    The side by side VS 2 cars with the highest level of "mail order" tune you can get VS our dyno tune makes the mail order car look broken. =) Gonna call this the Stage one, we are gonna try to run the boost up and do some real cam timing adjustments to see about hitting the 400 TQ mark - which I hear is pushing the envelope so why not shoot for that!

Doc,
    Counts Kustoms / VPT
    Las Vegas - NV

Very nice. Just curious if you tried changing any of the injector parameters or was it just VE adjustments? How about the stoichiometric AFR parameter?

Senior Tuner
    We should work out a deal so HPT can hang some banners in the shop

Tuner in Training
    Nice results! Damn small turbo tq spikes lol. Just used HPTuners to tune a friend's CSRT4 last night, but just on 91. He wanted me to thank HPT for pulling through with this development after years of not having a real hands on user friendly option. I will post some results when my dyno gets here next month, and then we will work on E85 right after that!

Tuner in Training
    I am down for that Ken. I sent you a PM