Thread: *Can't figure out upgrade cost*

*Can't figure out upgrade cost*

The new credits system is too cumbersome, IMO. It seems great for a new purchaser but it's confusing for a legacy customer.

My cable currently has 2000 F-Body, 2005 Silverado, and 2004 GTO. I would like to have the 1-bar SD upgrade and black box logging for the 2000 F-body and 2004 GTO.

Previously, you purchased a model/year but not it appears it's locked to VINs? I don't want to buy software for all GenIII vehicles. I just want the upgrades for the software I already bought. Is this possible?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    pretty much all you'd have to do is order the new pro version @$199 and you'd need 2 credits@$49.99 each=99.98 so you can get 2 1 bar SD upgrades...pretty simple really. You can still get unlimited year/model licenses...now they offer vin locking AS WELL. Some people requested it so there it is
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by tech
    The new credits system is too cumbersome, IMO. It seems great for a new purchaser but it's confusing for a legacy customer.

My cable currently has 2000 F-Body, 2005 Silverado, and 2004 GTO. I would like to have the 1-bar SD upgrade and black box logging for the 2000 F-body and 2004 GTO.

Previously, you purchased a model/year but not it appears it's locked to VINs? I don't want to buy software for all GenIII vehicles. I just want the upgrades for the software I already bought. Is this possible?
    yes it is possible, email sales@ for details. Credit system doesn't apply to existing serial cables.

The credit system only increases the number of options available, nothing is removed. You now have:
    - single vehicle (new)
    - year/model (same as existing)
    - tunershop packages (same as existing)

You also reap the benefits of the upgrade credit system wehre you now get credit towards the next higher level purchase, a great way to reduce risk and lessen the upfront costs.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like he wants up upgrade to BB logging as well which would require the hardware upgrade as well meaning the credit system would apply in the end in his case...although he could upgrade his OS's now before he does...though its the same price in the end
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by tech

ok....so to answer this in a way that is specific to you...

you need to get the PRO(EIO version)MPVI as it is the only one that can do black box logging(not quite yet...but it will be the only one that will once they write a few more things into the code) so right now your upgrade from serial to usb is $199

after that its all credits at $49.99
    and credits can be applied in any way you wish...
    for your 1 bar SD...you can either spend 1 credit($49.99) per vehicle that you wish to use 1 bar SD on(GM V8 Gen III Cars & Trucks only at this time)
    or you can spend 5 credits($249.95) and get the unlimited 1 bar and apply it to as many vehicles as you wish...(again...GM V8 Gen III Cars & Trucks only at this time)

if you do not want to upgrade to USB, then your cable is still able to add liscenses under the "Old Liscensing system"
    which means that 1 bar SD is $50/vehicle or $500 for unlimited

you only use the orders page if your aur upgarding to USB or adding credits to USB
    if you wish to stay a serial/"legacy" customer then you need to e-mail [email protected] to add on to your existing cable....

also with USB you have the option to choose a single vin locked liscense or an unlimited/year liscense
    with the serial/legacy you still only have unlimited/year liscenses
    adn of course both you can still purchase a workshop liscense that inclused an entire group of vehicles
    -Scott -

Thanks guys (and gals).