Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A8 C7 Z06 File??

shouldnt have to reread the file. they may not have defined all the different OS yet. I have three 8 speed tunes I have pulled and they all have the same trans tables, which isn't much.

honestly, we don't even know if the same tables and TM info is part of the new trans/tcm logic/process, do we, as end users? HPT might know more, but I bet it doesn't work the same as the 6L90E given that it's a totally new trans.

The tune I posted in post #9 is in 2.25 2001 beta and it seam to be pretty much all there. What happens when you open it is it all there?

Some switches were added a while back and most TCC lockup/release tables were added yesterday. I'm including two screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    shouldnt have to reread the file. they may not have defined all the different OS yet. I have three 8 speed tunes I have pulled and they all have the same trans tables, which isn't much.

honestly, we don't even know if the same tables and TM info is part of the new trans/tcm logic/process, do we, as end users? HPT might know more, but I bet it doesn't work the same as the 6L90E given that it's a totally new trans.
    I love these kinds of posts. They are very encouraging.

You have a TCM DTC form, gear ratio, shift points, TCC points, ability to turn off torque management, etc. No one else offers any of this, yet "it isn't much."
    Last edited by caesar; 05-12-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Anyone have an OS that they can access the A8 on the corvette? I update the beta every few days (just did it again about 10 min ago) and I still don't have Access to trans tables.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Sounds like you may have not read the TCM. There is only one current A8 OS for trucks and Corvettes.

Sounds like you may have not read the TCM. There is only one current A8 OS for trucks and Corvettes.
    DING DING DING, I assume that it, haven't tried to reread my car since I pulled the tune months ago. I will try here in a bit.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    I just did a re-read of my 2015 with the latest 2.25.2009 and there is a big difference in the way it reads compared to a month ago. I now have access to a lot of tables for the A8 tranny, although I don't see anything on the TM for shifting like they used to have for the 6 speed autos. Hopefully there will be something there in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    I love these kinds of posts. They are very encouraging.

You have a TCM DTC form, gear ratio, shift points, TCC points, ability to turn off torque management, etc. No one else offers any of this, yet "it isn't much."
    I love posts that take things out of context. there isn't much compared to what we are used to seeing in the 6L90E, turning off torque management is a pointless and stupid endeavor, have you changed the gear ratios in your 8L90e?

second, when you say no one has decoded the 8 speed you mean out of all the hundreds of thousands of software companies? or you mean the two main ones, not including Diablo and trifecta which have complete access?

I love posts that come from a mind that is so inherently negative that all it can describe is a dark interpretation of its stimulus, when in fact the originator of said stimulus may be the most brand loyal brand activist for HPT around, but you would miss that because you need to change your 3rd gear to 2.0:1....

I'm such an HPT nerd that I download every version every day looking for new stuff I can change. go sell your negative crybaby bllsht in some other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettepartz View Post
    I just did a re-read of my 2015 with the latest 2.25.2009 and there is a big difference in the way it reads compared to a month ago. I now have access to a lot of tables for the A8 tranny, although I don't see anything on the TM for shifting like they used to have for the 6 speed autos. Hopefully there will be something there in the future.
    did you lose your original file?

can an HPT employee chime in on the reread idea? my original file (even from older cars) always just needs to be opened in the new version and it has new tables....

I just re-pulled the tune from my car and I have A8 trans access now. Messed with some of the Tq management settings and first thing in the morning Ill log Trans Tq management and see how it acts on the shifts.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I pulled one at the shop with the 2.24 and newest beta as of 2 days ago and would not pull the TCM.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Yea I pulled one at the shop with the 2.24 and newest beta as of 2 days ago and would not pull the TCM.
    E-mail support.

Tuner
    Waiting to hear what Ben has to say about the changes he made in the torque management settings. So far, it looks like either you have it or you don't. It would be nice to have each shift adjustable as in the past. I really am not a fan of the way the factory sets the 1>2 shift right now.

is it more than just enable/disable for upshift, downshift, etc? that's been available, i always leave them enabled anyways.

Tuner
    On my 2013 truck with a 6 speed auto, there are TM tables for each shift, both up and down. The values range from 0 to 1.0 with 0 being no management and the factory settings were at 1.0 for all shifts. I ended up with mine set to 0.35 in the first 4 shifts, and like it very much. It used to feel like you were rocking back and forth in a boat before I made those changes. The truck has a 3.73 rear gear, so there was a lot of shifting going on.

The 15 vette pulls around 25 to 30 degrees of timing (basically whatever your timing is at, tq management engages and pulls the timing down to around -3 then shoots back to normal timing immediately after the shift.

Not a lot of change on the A8 yet, so I just did a simple disable on the power downshift and upshift and I get full timing at shifts now. At low loads no real difference in my opinion and under moderate to heavy load this things feels awesome, shifts even faster.

When we get more settings I'll play with them, but for now I am happy with it

Nice, Ben, I'll disable it on my truck and check it out. I didn't like how part throttle shifts felt on the 6 speed by just disabling TM. Maybe the A8 handles it better. :-)

Advanced Tuner
    What I'm curious of is if the standard C6 A8 Shifts as harsh and rough and as the C7Z A8?
    Took one for a ride here at the shop and its very rough especially the 2-1 downshift coming to a stop.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Full read in Beta
    Attached Files Attached Files