Thread: 2009 Challenger WOT Fuel Control

2009 Challenger WOT Fuel Control

I have a 2009 Challenger on the dyno currently. No matter what changes I make to the VE I can't get it any leaner. It's currently at 12.2 I am commanding 12.5. Am I missing something?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    A couple things I would try, if it were me.

1) Even though you have VE Bank 2 disabled, try making the same adjustments to VE Bank 2 as you have made to VE Bank 1.

2) Even though the FA COT/EOT table is zero'd out, try taking all the "Temperature Thresholds", "Targets", "Deltas", and "Max Temp Incr" to the maximum allowable limit, which seems to be 1,650* C or 3,002* F just to rule out the possibility of fuel being added for Cat or Exhaust overtemp.

I have had a case in which a Neon SRT-4 also had the FA COT/EOT table zero'd out, but until I took all the exhaust and catalyst threshold temperatures up to their maximum limit, I was still getting boat loads of fuel being dumped no matter what I did to the VE table.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 03-17-2015 at 04:09 PM.

I tried both of those and no success. But I appreciate the ideas.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post
    I tried both of those and no success. But I appreciate the ideas.
    Ok, I was going off the calibration file you posted in the 1st post, where it looked like it hadn't yet been attempted, or it was attempted, but reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Ok, I was going off the calibration file you posted in the 1st post, where it looked like it hadn't yet been attempted, or it was attempted, but reverted.
    It hadn't been tried yet. But I tried both of those on the dyno and no change in A/F. It seems like FA Power Enrich is the only thing that will make fuel adjustments. Is this typical? I don't like tuning that way. I would rather command an A/F and change the VE to get me there. Anyone else experienced this issue?

Tuner in Training
    I am having a similar issue with a 2009 Challenger thats Supercharged- what I noticed is that once the car is hot, ( after a pull ) it seems to add to the commanded AFR according to the scanner WAY past what Im asking for. I crawled over it once or twice and all I can assume is that its knock protection or some sort of IAT type adder ( as the hptuners scanner isnt showing knock ) . If I cruise the car and let it cool off its fine, but back to back pulls cause soo much over fueling that its asking for .65 on cruise tables. Kinda chasing it around - seems like a little more advanced scanner would point right in the direction of where this commanded change is coming from, not sure if your issue is the same- hope you figured it out.
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Potential Tuner
    pfff iam daniel from m onterrey mexico and i have the same problem w 2008 challenger srt8 426 hemi w kenne bell mamouth supercharger i try tune w diablo cmr and hp tuners and i have the same problem , somebody have a trick for tune easy like gm thanks

Potential Tuner
    ok i have a little trick the timing tables are important i have a dyno and did find a little trick in the spark/advance/minimum spark/min spark and min spark tqred, when the sparks tables work weld the afr its better. i have right now 401 hp w 587lbs tq a 4000rpm begining the tune

Try setting max FA limit to .0800?