Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by vlaST View Post
    I like this software

I did a few pulls with my big turbo fiesta, I know the ecu is not supported yet,
    I could log many useful SAE pids, but I could not log ACT or knock retard for instance.
    I found this list of pids for ecoboost cars https://cobb.app.box.com/ford-monitor-list (could be helpful as reference)

Attachment 50506

When I increased the number grid lines in the plot vs. time view, the resolution of values to the right did not increase accordingly(always 3).
    Not saying grid lines needs to follow values but should be a way to increase the resolution of them, i did not find it:-)

Attachment 50505
    Some of the parameters you listed are DMRs , which are slightly different than PIDs. However EVERYTHING you listed will soon be available for all Ford's we support.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    The timeline scrubber with the peaks of the log shown is AMAZING!!! Also the two fingers on a trackpad to be able to zoom and navigate is really nice. Little things like that are going to make this new software SOOOO much easier to use efficiently. THANKS guys!

There is one request I have though, I'm not sure it's been mentioned or has already been addressed but I'll throw it out there...
    On "another" similar program, you can drag across a section of the graph in the Chart Display and it will show the max,min and averages for that particular selection. Is this something that the new software will have or can have? I tend to have very long logs and it would be nice to have data easily available for smaller sections of a log, or better yet, having the histograms show only data for a portion of the entire log. Make sense? Possible? Already there and I didn't realize it? lol.

Thanks guys!

edit- Just saw "Trim Log", is that what it's going to do? Taking a section out of a log and looking at histogram data from just that section would be awesome! Hopefully trim doesn't mean permanently throwing away that data??? Would or could the original log be saved as an unedited copy or something like that?
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 05-13-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alexl226 View Post
    I've searched, perhaps I missed it, but is there any time frame on user defined inputs?

I'm wondering this too. Being able to use my aux inputs is possibly the only thing keeping me from switching over to 2.25 completely. I really want to dive into using the new scanner full time but there's not much I can scan without wideband access.

Unrelated thought but still pertains to the beta...
    I made another thread in here about config files and how to save/move them. I'm a little worried that guys trying the new beta don't realize that when the beta installs, it overwrites the main scanner config file. If you've spent years setting up your scanner just how you like it, all those settings could be gone if you try to go back to 2.24. Keith or Eric, Is this something that should be mentioned in the installer? Maybe just a mention that it will overwrite settings or that you should have your settings from 2.24 backed up? Or maybe it DOES say that and I just clicked past it like everyone else? lol. Just trying to save somebody some headache.

25 and 24 share the config file safely, as long as your 24 isn't more than 6 months old or so
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    25 and 24 share the config file safely, as long as your 24 isn't more than 6 months old or so

Ok thanks Keith, that makes sense. The two computers that overwrote the config file when I installed 2.25 both had 2.24 versions that were more than 6 months old, but I don't think they were more than a year old. I know they overwrote the config and set BOTH programs to the default setup. So maybe the warning should be to make sure your 2.24 version is up to date before installing 2.25? Again, this may have already been said and I missed it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Copperheads have difference source values than the previous PCMs. I have updated this just now. Should work for 2.24 and 2.25
    Thanks!
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

Advanced Tuner
    Problem with 2.25 crashing when trying to make PIDS for a new hellcat.

BETA (2004)
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Problem with 2.25 crashing when trying to make PIDS for a new hellcat.

BETA (2004)
    To fix, we need VERY DETAILED step by step instructions on how we can duplicate the issue.

Advanced Tuner
    To fix, we need VERY DETAILED step by step instructions on how we can duplicate the issue.
    Anytime I try to make a histrogram it will crash out.
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

The level of detail you provided is over the top, give me a minute to process it all, lol.

Advanced Tuner
    The level of detail you provided is over the top, give me a minute to process it all, lol.
    Well damn Keith haahahahaha.

I will go into the scanner and make my label parameter.

Pick my column axis and then input my labels and..... CRASH!!!!!

[email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Try tomorrows beta.

If that crashes, I need even more detail.. what parameters are you picking, what are you entering in the label field,etc..

Advanced Tuner
    Try tomorrows beta.

If that crashes, I need even more detail.. what parameters are you picking, what are you entering in the label field,etc..
    Trying to make a Histrogram plotting STFT against RPM and Pressure ratio.

Just trying to build histograms to make my life easier on the hellcat.
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner in Training
    For the last couple of days, the VCM Suite installer package for 2.25 has failed to install the Scanner application. Is this a problem you are aware of?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nope, installed fine for me today when I updated.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    No Scanner application yesterday, or today. I went back to a copy from 5/12 to load it.

Tuner in Training
    Here is what I get from the package today....Clipboard01.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just downloaded & installed AGAIN, installs fine and installs the 2.25.2054 scanner as it should.

My advice would be to uninstall the software then redownload & reinstall as it doesn't appear to be an issue on our end.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have performed an uninstall/reinstall several times, to no avail. I have tried to do a repair install. I have successfully reverted back to the version of 5/12 without issue. I have installer packages from 5/18, 5/19, and 5/20 that are not installing the Scanner beta. The 2.24 installer works fine. I'm skeptical that it's a problem with my PC. I would happily perform a System Restore to last week, but do not have a restore point available prior to 5/19.

I'm open to suggestions, but this seems to be the installer.

It's possible a virus scanner is picking up VCM Scanner.exe as a virus and deleting it.