Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comp 274vvt tune file

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar
    Cam phaser disabled? Can I ask why would you want it disabled??

Tuner
    Specs on the Apache Max are....Duration@.50 Intake 226 Exhaust 230 Lobe Lift Intake .336 Exhaust .337

Specs advertised are 275* Intake duration 554 lift
    Exhaust 281* lift 556
    LSA 112
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Speed View Post
    Thanks for chiming in!

We worked on tuning ours yesterday for a good couple hours prior to attempting any Dyno Tuning. It'll start up with some pedal and idle for a good while on it's own before it starts to idle hunt and eventually swing so high and low that it dies out.

I've adjusted all the DTCs as I would in normal GM tuning but this one (2015 392 Car) has not responded as I'd expected it to. My goal is to get it to start up and idle with zero assist from the driver or accelerator pedal before putting it on the dyno.

Called Josh at HHP this morning and talked with him for a bit but they don't use HP Tuners at all. He was great and offered some of his thoughts but there are just a few too many differences in the terms between their SCT/Diablo methods and our HPT tables.

I'm sure somebody has used HPT to tune the 392 with the 274VVT Camshaft. Be great to compare and see where else I can focus some attention on to get the results we'd like to see.

Here's where I'm at with it as of today:
    Leaving an ass load on the table...You haven't touched the Cam degrees...I posted mine look at it...Its right at 460 HP with almost as much torque at 3krpm.... 3.5 0-60 and 7.2 1/8th @94 Phase limiter must be installed!
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 06-18-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by moparsoldier85 View Post
    Cam phaser disabled? Can I ask why would you want it disabled??
    Needs a limiter....It keeps you from mechanically tearing shit up...Now you can lean it out and kill it but the limiter allows 15* of movement and is a safety

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys if your still having trouble dialing in a 270 or 274 cam. I have tuned the 270 and 74 vvt with good results. You do need to disable ANN as this will cause the idle to hunt operating within its parameters. If you need a base VE table let me know since the one stock is crazy. For idle its all in the TB air flow model raising the first 3 cells by a lot of you need an example let me know I’ll send you a base file from a good running cammed 6.4 that has only headers and a CAI it’ll get you close. Now the cars will auto drive or throttle hang this is taken care of in the small range tb air flow. Spark gets shifted to put the sweet spot in the lower vacuume area and make the other tables match. Most guys are locking the VVT when doing this cam install. Let me know if it’s locked or limited you need at least one or really bad noises happen as valves hit pistons.
    You will also want to raise the shift points as the power comes in much higher. If you don’t it will feel boggy. If you need these changes I’ll be happy to update your tune file with them just post it up and let me know.
    6.1 based 426 stroker fully forged 11.5:1 compression.,Thitek CNC 6.1 Heads, RLD H5 Camshaft, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold, Hellcat cnc ported TB, FIC 725 cc/min injectors, Legmaker CAI, UPR catch can, BBE 3in exhaust, 3k stall converter , Paramount Nag1, 1K Hp driveshaft and axels, Wavetrac LSD. 400 shot laughing gas on progressive controller. Fore dual pumps with fc3 controller.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscward71 View Post
    Hey guys if your still having trouble dialing in a 270 or 274 cam. I have tuned the 270 and 74 vvt with good results. You do need to disable ANN as this will cause the idle to hunt operating within its parameters. If you need a base VE table let me know since the one stock is crazy. For idle its all in the TB air flow model raising the first 3 cells by a lot of you need an example let me know I’ll send you a base file from a good running cammed 6.4 that has only headers and a CAI it’ll get you close. Now the cars will auto drive or throttle hang this is taken care of in the small range tb air flow. Spark gets shifted to put the sweet spot in the lower vacuume area and make the other tables match. Most guys are locking the VVT when doing this cam install. Let me know if it’s locked or limited you need at least one or really bad noises happen as valves hit pistons.
    You will also want to raise the shift points as the power comes in much higher. If you don’t it will feel boggy. If you need these changes I’ll be happy to update your tune file with them just post it up and let me know.
    Would love to take a look at your tune file. Trying to dial my 274 in as well as the VE / ETC tables as well. Have an M6 with a limiter installed.
    On a quest to not blow up my car.....