Thread: Turbocharged Trailblazer.. Looking for tuning options!

Potential Tuner

Turbocharged Trailblazer.. Looking for tuning options!

Hello..

We are finishing up our prototype turbocharged Trailblazer Project.. As it sits, now, we're relying on a fuel pressure regulator, 550cc injectors, and a rising rate regulator (FMU). Basically, we turn the base pressure down to get our driveability in order. When the engine gets into boost, the FMU brings our pressure back up, and we get our flow capacity. This works, decently.. but, it's a far-cry from a good tune. The ignition is addressed with a MSD DIS-4, with the ignition system setup for "wasted spark". I will be able to control timing while under boost with this system. As for the transmission, we are working with JET to get a controler to adjust shift firmness.

I'm hoping that you guys will be coming out with SOMETHING to tune these engines.. We are going to offer a turbo kit for the Trailblazer/Envoy.. Hopefully, we won't have to rely on piggyback systems to tune. While they DO work... it's a pain in the ass to get it all working together. If you guys would like to work with us on this on software/hardware testing... please contact me at [email protected] . Here's a few pics of the development..

Excuse the mess... these are unfinished pics.. The truck is done, and is up and running. I'm hoping that someone will work with us on getting a tune for this thing. We're going to try and get some options for this engine out on the market. This thing has a LOT of potential.. we're actually building one with pistons/rods and studs, which is going into a Nissan 240sx drag car. We're aiming at 8-900whp through a 4L80E. So, come on guys.. get with us on this, and let's get some options on the table for the 4.2!

Travis Burelle
    www.fi-r.net

Potential Tuner
    http://www.fi-r.net/images2/TurboTrailblazerHighway.wmv

There's a video of us goofing off yesterday... We like to have fun down here in the South.

Potential Tuner
    Also... Here's what I would like to be able to work with..

Larger injectors
    Larger MAP sensor
    Transmission shift firmness and TQ management control
    Turn off the stupid "reduced power mode!"
    Ignition map control
    Fuel map control

what size turbo is that?

Potential Tuner
    The turbo is a T61(compressor)/P-trim(turbine)

Tuner in Training
    How much for this kit??????????????????????
    452RWHP-408RWTQ---11.2@120-NA
    75 shot-10.6@129 1.47 60ft.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...3b012749e1.htm

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
    How much for this kit??????????????????????
    It's not available to the public, yet. I am waiting on viable tuning options from either HP, or EFIlive... whichever company decides that they want to help first, will get my business. Hopefully, by June/July, after some highway/track testing, we can start thinking on the production side of things. But, as with all of kits that we sell, I want to have some solid testing under my belt before I will consider selling a kit. So far, things look promising.. and I will keep you guys informed.. We'll become more active in the TB/Envoy community soon.

Travis

Potential Tuner
    Here's more pics of the vehicle.. still working on a few things.. but, it's running at this point..

Keep in mind that this is the prototype kit.. the production kit will be more uniform/tidy. We're working with a smaller/dry cell battery, which you can see in the pics. I'm try to have a plate built to retain the battery in the front compartment. If it can't be done, reasonably, we'll relocate it to the rear of the vehicle. This battery has 680 cranking amps.. and is working great so far.

Travis

Potential Tuner
    So... any info?

Travis, we should have some for you shortly, we're just cleaning up a few things over here.

We also signed on to sponsor trailvoy forums as well and will be making the announcement.

Nice setup!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    looks like a nice project! I was thinking about picking one of those up (trailblazer) in the next year or two....... get the 2WD 5.3 option...... and pull the 5.3 for the 6.0, or the 8.1 I have laying around (if we can get it to fit )...... then work on turboing it........

Tuner in Training

turbo charged tooooooo!

The kit looks great for a proto. I have a custom turbo kit on my 1999 5.3 L GMC Sierra right now. It runs awesome. I am right in the middle of tuning it with hp tuners. I am really looking forward to the RTT!!!!!

Potential Tuner
    I was wondering if we're going to be able to add 2 or 3 bar setups for the I6's? I mean, as it is stock almost max's out the MAP sensor.

Any updates to this? Its nice to see this US with a DOHC inline 6, wish it came in a smaller vehicle.

Potential Tuner
    what has all been done to the transmition?

Potential Tuner
    resurrection i know, I see you are running a P10 pcm on here how did you get around the Reduced Engine Power mode?

edit: also any update on this as a production kit?

Potential Tuner
    What ever happened to this!? There's soo much interest in a turbo or a supercharger kit for the 4.2 i6. Did you ever get the proper tune for this to work? Or was it all thwarted by chevy's tricky programming? Can't let software defeat us!

Advanced Tuner
    Do an 06 P12 swap and tune it that way. Not worth fighting the P10 for boost when this is a pretty easy swap and tune with the MAF.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

he ended up getting it running. Ran great too! not sure what was used to accomplish it. nonetheless, he now own BoostWorks in Katy, TX and is still doing custom builds. He currently has the first supercharged S550 mustang running around and finished the second one up just yesterday. Tuned with HP Tuners!

Heres some throwback video of the trailblazer getting drug by a fox body. lol....
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/fir-...ine_109615.htm
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!