Thread: Questions on EIO

Advanced Tuner

Questions on EIO

I must have read through the help files about a dozen times, and through feature pages in the forums, but I still have a couple questions on the EIO interface...

1. Do the EIO outputs continue to function without a laptop connected?

2. Directly referenced to the above question, if not, is it possible this could get added in sometime in the future? I know not to leave the EIO connected to the car, but it would be nice while blackbox logging if I could set up some custom outputs for the EIO, like driving it high if AFR goes outside a range.

3. Lastly, does the EIO have a quick disconnect for all the cables? I haven't recieved my interface yet (hopefully tomorrow), but would be nice to know in the forums.

Thanks!
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    I must have read through the help files about a dozen times, and through feature pages in the forums, but I still have a couple questions on the EIO interface...

1. Do the EIO outputs continue to function without a laptop connected?

2. Directly referenced to the above question, if not, is it possible this could get added in sometime in the future? I know not to leave the EIO connected to the car, but it would be nice while blackbox logging if I could set up some custom outputs for the EIO, like driving it high if AFR goes outside a range.

3. Lastly, does the EIO have a quick disconnect for all the cables? I haven't recieved my interface yet (hopefully tomorrow), but would be nice to know in the forums.

Thanks!
    1. no, they will when the blackbox logging comes online i believe.

3. http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca...connecting.htm the removable green terminal block stays connected to your wiring.
    I count sheep in hex...