Thread: LC-1 Install help

Tuner

LC-1 Install help

I posted this at 3800pro and then I thought I could get some good insight from you guys also.
    Help w/LC-1 install

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, I've read the posts here and the install manual. My question is where are you routing the wires into the cab? And if some of the wires go to ground, wouldn't those stay in the engine bay and not go into cab? But the wires are bundled into a cable assembly, so if someone could give a detailed write-up of install, that would be very much appreciated. TIA - Jody
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Tuner
    Wow, no one here using wideband I think I understand the wiring but I don't know if I understand where to route what. I am awaiting my MPVI Pro cable now and would love to know what I'm doing when it gets here. I'm one day away from firing the engine, I want to be ready with the wideband.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

There has been quite a few posts on this, particularly on the LC-1 due to some questionable grounding inconsitencies with Innovate.

This is a sticky right above your post:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5059

Here's how I wired mine up. Not sure if it is right or not. I'll have to go through the sticky above and make sure I don't fry my LC-1 once I get my MPVI upgrade.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4637
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner
    Thank you Xonelith. I have read those posts. I'm gathering that people have ran a 2 separate 12-16 gage wire from engine block or trans to the inside of the cab for the 2 separate grounds they needed? One should ground the EIO with all the lc-1 grounds to it, and the other is for the NB ground, correct?
    If that is correct, I'll start running ground wires into the cab today? Let me know & TIA - Jody

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    I'm gathering that people have ran a 2 separate 12-16 gage wire from engine block or trans to the inside of the cab for the 2 separate grounds they needed? One should ground the EIO with all the lc-1 grounds to it, and the other is for the NB ground, correct?
    If that is correct, I'll start running ground wires into the cab today? Let me know & TIA - Jody
    The heater ground connects in the engine bay, so no need to run it in the 'cab'. You can run a separate line for the remainder of the analog grounds, or just connect them to the ground on the EIO, which is grounded to the PCM.

Tuner
    Yes, I see the lc1 heater ground goes to engine block ground. But looking at the diagram I see that one EIO ground will go to factory nb connector and analog out 1 on lc-1 also goes to factory nb connector. So do we just run a wire into cab for those 2 since both the eio & lc1 cables are in cab?

Tuner
    The LC-1 module will most likely be in your engine compartment. The connector between the WBO2 and the LC-1 isn't long enough to go in the cab. Therefore the only wires running in your cab are the grounds and WB output. There are two serail cables for programming the LC-1, these can stay in the engine bay, or run in the cab also.

FWIW, once you get the unit programmed the serail cables won't be of much use, unless you want to use innovates logging program.

Lastly, I would highly recommend wiring the included switch and LED into your setup. This provides a good visual for O2 status and ability to calibrate without hooking up a laptop to the serail input.

Tuner
    Thanks muncie21, makes sense now. Only a few wires from lc-1 go into cab, leave module in engine bay. I appreciate the plain english