Thread: Downshift problem

Downshift problem

When ever I start slowing down for a red light and my speed gets down to around 5-10mph, and then the light turns green so I give it gas to go. This is where my problem is, its like it doesn't know what gear to be in. The rpms will go up but it won't start moving right away, so I give it a little more gas and then BAM, it downshifts and goes.
    I kind of feels like a neutral drop, the rpms go up and then it goes into gear.

Only seems to do this when coming almost to a complete stop and then going again.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Advanced Tuner
    Its the convertor locking and unlocking I believe. Mine feels like you describe. It almost feels like the tranny is slipping.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Its the convertor locking and unlocking I believe. Mine feels like you describe. It almost feels like the tranny is slipping.
    I thought it might have been that too but when I logged it, it showed the convertor being unlocked long before it happens.
    So it's not the convertor.

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

There may be an O/S update for your car. The 05 Vettes had about 4 updates already. Can't wait to see what the 06 cars have for updates on the A6 tranny.

GM had a few issues "knowing" what gear you were currently in: mostly 2nd gear starts in trucks but it's the nomially the same trans.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

What car

How would I know if theres a OS update for my truck? Does the dealership just give these out or what?

check your VIN On GM's CalID website:

Compare the latest O/S on CalID to the one currently in your truck. Then click the Get VCM Info on the toolbar in VCM Editor or VCM Scanner on your truck & compare the 8 files that make up your calibration to the ones on CalID.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!