Thread: quick lc-1 question

quick lc-1 question

it's hookup but only reads 22.90 consistant I know thats wrong but dont know where the problem is any help would be appreciated

Thxs. Robert

1. What does Innovate's logworks software say?
    2. Have you checked the analog out settings with the LM programmer?

Number 1 should tell you whether or not the problem is on the LC1s side or the HPT side. Then we can go from there.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

no we dont have lm programmer where using only hp and lc-1 ........it also says the output should be 1/12 or 1/6th.. but don't know where to change that in hp it only has voltage??

Advanced Tuner
    If you have the lc-1, logworks came with it.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

The LM Programmer is hard to find in the program they send with the LC1. I believe its located under the tools section.
    Took me forever to find it the first time too.
    Last edited by Zick; 03-23-2006 at 02:27 PM.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisj6
    If you have the lc-1, logworks came with it.

Chris
    LM programmer should also be packaged with the logworks software. Check in the logworks folder in your programs dir. LM Programmer is used to change the output of analogs 1 and 2.
    99 Firehawk T/A NBM, M6, 403, TFS, Harrop, etc

Tuner
    A couple of other things to check:
    1) Heater and free air cal performed correctly
    2) No error codes on the LC-1 (this can be checked in logworks or on the led connected to the LC-1).

In order to use logworks you'll need a serial to usb adapter to connect to your laptop (keyspan is what I use and haven't had any problems).

analog's not the problem getting from 1/12th to voltage is where the trouble is I think what does 1/12th represent in voltage.......... is there a way to get it to work without logworks or lm programmer??

Tuner
    The 1/12 and 1/6 correspond to the rate at which data is pulled from the sensor. We need to slow the report rate down in order to prevent "false lean" readings due to exhaust pulses. This is done using the lm programmer software.
    Did you take a look at the wb tips thread?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2941

Its a very good step by step method to hook up the lc-1 to hpt.

when we hook the lc-1 straight to the laptop and try to open Lmprogrammer it says (please connect device to serial port and switch it on) but we bo have it connected to the back of the laptop but it's not a usb I guess it's called com1..........anyone please

Advanced Tuner
    You must have the LC-1 powered up to program it with their software or look at what it is doing. You can't just plug it into your laptop.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Hooking it into the serial port on the laptop is correct...make sure the terminator plug is installed correctly (should be in the IN port of the LC1's cable). The serial to 2.5mm headphone jack cable from your laptop should seat in the OUT port of the LC1's cable. Hook it up, and keep trying. It might take some plugging and unplugging cables to get it to work...

Their firmware has been updated (not too recently) to help with connectivity issues, available through their website (www.innovatemotorsports.com).
    11.02 @ 130

And yeah, power to it is a good thing too
    11.02 @ 130

yes thats what I tried to do to see if it was the lc-1 or hp..... hooked it to the out plug and then to the back of my laptop and then thats when it says
    (please connect device to serial port and switch it on) so I'm kinda at a loss and to I'm not real good with pc's either that dont help matters much

Just keep doing a combo of plugging and unplugging the stereo connectors while the program is open, or close the program, reopen...just keep mashing buttons and messing with the plugs. At some point, it will work.
    11.02 @ 130

ok thxs. yes I found out I was suppose to use the terminater plug which I can't find but yes I think your correct I just wonder why would it have to have that plug............ it's just a plug correct? I guess I'll have to order one is there anything else you think would work that I might can pick up local??

Thxs.
    Last edited by firebird380hp; 03-23-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird380hp
    ok thxs. yes I found out I was suppose to use the terminater plug which I can't find but yes I think your correct I just wonder why would it have to have that plug............ it's just a plug correct? I guess I'll have to order one is there anything else you think would work that I might can pick up local??

Thxs.
    The terminator plug is essential...without it, you won't be able to connect to it at all.

Click me:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...erminator+plug
    11.02 @ 130

Thxs. for the help.I knew there had to be something that would work.

Robert