Thread: New to HP 99 corvette open loop stft enabled runs best. Any advice welcome. Thanks

Tuner in Training

New to HP 99 corvette open loop stft enabled runs best. Any advice welcome. Thanks

1999 Corvette ,stock. Closed loop runs poorly. Open loop with STFT enabled runs much better excluding knock in PE. No wideband yet. Still unsure about trying to dial in ve and Maf. Pull timing or add fuel? Any advice appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerjjt; 10-15-2017 at 07:26 PM.

If everything is 100% stock it should not have any problems entering closed loop and running good.

If the long term trims are off the charts when it runs in closed loop your looking into a problem with like a vacuum leak/dirty MAF sensor causing you problems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ill go ahead and log in CL and post. Thanks 5FDP

Potential Tuner
    Check each injector resistance, I assume they are the factory ones, make sure they are the same. The Rochester Products parts change delivery volume a lot when the resistance changes. Fuel with alcohol does nothing for them either.

Tuner in Training
    Will check resistance in the morning, thank you. Loading CL tune shortly. Cleared LT fuel trims again but has been sluggish, boggy....

Tuner in Training
    Didnt have needed parameters in CL log. Ill log again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerjjt; 10-16-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Going to try olsd, adjust ve and maf and see how it does, maybe cl just isn't right for me.

Tell us more about this stock 99 corvette, please..

Does stock mean or imply that your car still runs the gas filter that was installed at the factory? I know the filter/regulator can be a bit pricey for our c5's but they should still be serviced like a regular gas filter. And in the above picture it really looks like you have a restricted fuel filter. It is under the center of the car just in front of the rear wheels on the LH side of the transmission.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much! I've had it 4 months, convertible, pewter, 3.15 rear and as far as I Kno, yes completely stock. I will check fuel filter in the morning and will log again.