Thread: LC-1 NB simulation issue....

Tuner

LC-1 NB simulation issue....

I'm pretty sure this isn't a HPT issue, but with the amount of users here using WB O2s, I thought I'd ask the ? here. BTW, I also posted on LS1 tech.

Installed LC-1 to replace existing NB. Now my idle AFRs are around 12.x instead of 14.x. I'm guessing it's an issue with the NB simulation. Any ideas or suggestions? Here's two screen shots of my scans. At idle AFRs are really low. During steady state cruise, they appear normal.

Here's idle. Notice that WB O2 is about 2 points lower than commanded.

Here's steady state cruise...

Advanced Tuner
    That's what mine looked like. I couldn't figure it out the night before a race, so I switched back to the stock NB's. Haven't tried to get back to it. I'll be watching this thread.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

You have an offset issue that the PCM is correcting for. You need to run a signal ground from the LC1 to the ground terminal of the NB o2 sensor connector as well as the signal out from the LC1. If you don't you can have problems like this.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Everyone else agree with EC? Could we correct the diagrams if that's the case? This is so difficult and frustrating.

Would an easier way to be to figure out the offset or will that not work?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Tuner
    Although, I don't know exactly what's going on, I'm pretty sure it isn't a ground issue. The offset isn't consistent. During calibration the wideband reads 20.8/9 which is where it is supposed to read.

Also, all the grounds are grounded back to the HPT IEO, well except for the heater ground, that goes to the engine block.

I just got off the phone with Innovate, they are going to exchange the unit. On Sunday, the NB output quit working. It basically stated at 447mV no mater what I commanded it to do.

Heh, welcome to the "I've fried a LC-1 club"
    Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

Tuner
    Yea, Innovate were cool about the whole thing, but now I've got to pay to mail it to them and wait for them to send me a new/repaired one. Guess it could have been worse.....

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I would have bought the LM-1 or AEM wideband if I would have known about all these LC-1's goin bad.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

If the LC-1 goes bad, is it free to get it fixed? I'm kinda worried that mine is fried now (not connecting... but LED is on). I haven't even had a chance to connect it to the MPVI!!
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner
    Short answer: Don't know.
    Speculation: Probably depends on how long you've had it.

Tuner in Training
    Subscribing to this post. My LM-1 is also ~2 points below commanded at idle. I have details about my install at http://kashmir.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Here is an image showing my LM-1 settings to remove the offset in the NB output:

Last edited by torchredfrc2; 01-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Tuner
    Thanks for posting this info where I won't lose it torchredfrc2.
    I'm hoping to get my LC-1 back before the weekend so I can check it out using your provided offsets.

Tuner in Training
    Any updates from Innovate muncie?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Everyone else agree with EC? Could we correct the diagrams if that's the case? This is so difficult and frustrating.

Would an easier way to be to figure out the offset or will that not work?
    in the stickies...
    this is the correct writeup for WB/NB conections..

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2947

its been there for quite some time now...
    -Scott -